Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

what's everyone up to?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: what's everyone up to? Reply with quote

been really quiet here lately. i assume everyone else is trying to get by the best they can, same as me. i still dont have the Olds track ready. getting damn close though. its still around 14 afr. wants a crazy ammount of fuel. at least its consistent now. the Austin is still awaiting its motor after the failure last season. there were apparently some issues on the dyno last week. engine builder seems to be treating us like mushrooms disgusted . junior dragster had a lousy end to the race season last year too. it lost the motor. went to a race last weekend and couldnt get down the track. needs a carb. and, last but not least, i managed the 383 swap in my Impala. that fought me all the way but i finally got it dialed in. ill post up a thread on that. some really cool aftermarket EFI upgrades out for the old LT1 stuff.

Big Dave

119973.02 points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it is as a quiet as a grave yard. Not even Spammers are looking in any more.

I'm on the down hill slide with a both legs in the grave (at least to just above he knees with neuropathy) which makes walking difficult any where but on flat concrete. It also makes it impossible to get down on my knees or even bend over. So it is a wheeled walker or a wheel chair for me.

I scrapped out all of my motors with forged internal parts all over the house and blocks sitting bagged on the front porch. I have a few car bodies out back still, but I doubt if I will do anything but sell them as their value increases with age like a fine wine (if you believe that I have a bridge for ya). But I bought the third gen Camaro's to keep them from the crusher knowing eventually some one would want one. (one has a full cage and 12 bolt with a four link suspension already installed just waiting on an LS or a big block.)

Big dave
Paul P

81616.60 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been finishing up the CNP upgrade on the Chevelle. Getting by is key that is true. I'll put a pick up of the engine bay in that post for you all to see..
Paul

Dave sorry to hear you are not doing well. Sadly I didn't read any of the posts above and just threw in what I have been up to. It has been so quiet here in the past 6 months.

1971 - Chevelle 408 SBC N/A
6.86@102.5 MPH 1/8mi
10.78@122 MPH 1/4mi

Last edited by Paul P on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:33 am; edited 2 times in total
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats pretty rough Dave. im sorry to hear that man. i guess life catches up to us all. im not there yet but ive beat myself up enough over the years that i know its coming. guess its time to build you a BBC Rascal Burn Out

Knarley Darley

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still alive, and have way to many cars, and projects. I am suuuuuuper burned out with never getting to my own stuff, and never having a life other than working.
So I am going to try and get everything sold, and rented, and whatever else so I can retire in 3 years, that is my goal.
The cars in the stable right now 66 Nova 6 cyl unrestored, 69 Nova with a 600 horse small block kind of a stock- restomod mix, 67 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed with build sheet unrestored, 1970 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed with a build sheet in the middle of restoration, 1970 SS 454 ElCamino Restored with a 496. 1969 Corvette Black on Black leather every factory option, and has a 500" BB restored. 1970 Corvette partially restored, 1967 Camaro 468 Aluminum head Roller cam Vintage air, PS, PDB Black on Black restored, needs finished assembly, Still have my 67 ten inch tire 67 Camaro 8.50s at 160 NA, 1967 SSRS Camaro convertible Restored, Lemans Blue white top, and interior small block car, 1968 Camaro partially restored was just a plane SB car, 1968 Camaro Z-28 RS Partially restored (a real deal Z), 1969 Camaro convertible complete running driving car unrestored. 1979 Vette that is on Craigs list for 3900.00 and a 1965 Cadillac also on Craigs list for 4500.00
I am up to over 12,000 SF of shop space that is jammed to the ceiling with cars and parts so the herd must be thinned so I can get to some of the cars that need attention.
Oh I almost forgot the 3 1995 Geo Metros LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: