Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Just some fun from last weekend 4-1 to 4-3 2016

View previous topic :: View next topic  
af2

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Just some fun from last weekend 4-1 to 4-3 2016 Reply with quote

Weekend started out crazy on Fri test and tune. Thought I lost my son and the car when it went through the lights on 2 wheels twice and took out the 1/4 mile ET cone at 100+ mph.
The launch was hard and the car went left then Nick got a handle on still WAY out of the groove and I thought the run was over, but NOOO he was still close and decided to pedal and pass!!! NOT GOOD!!! But the seeing pavement on the left and then the right slapped him upside the head better than anything I could have done. Get out and stay out period. I will say we had a great time being able to run 5 times in an NHRA event.

That was only part of the launch. The sissy bars were torqued on big time and the front wheels were another 6" higher. The car was crazy with the new converter launching at 6000 rpm.......
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez, watching that from the starting line will stop your heart. Shocked Shocked Shocked

he did good recovering it though. didnt crash. does he pull the chute when he gets in trouble? if not, he needs to get in the habit.

what is it running now? any video?

af2

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10sec.et wrote:
jeez, watching that from the starting line will stop your heart. Shocked Shocked Shocked

he did good recovering it though. didnt crash. does he pull the chute when he gets in trouble? if not, he needs to get in the habit.

what is it running now? any video?

This was his first time out of shape at speed. I will give him credit for the save as he was all over the steering wheel and had no time to pull the chute. Still waiting for video of the other runs, we didn't get video of the 1st run. He was very cautious the next few runs with a 11.80 10.81 a 10.50, 10.31. All around 110 mph. We dialed a 10.40 for the 1st elimination round and he red lit .066 and ran 10.19 at 113 mph leaving at 3000. He was off the throttle around 800' on the runs. 60's were 1.39-1.45 on the rear wheels.
I have to put more pre in the right side at this point. The only thing we changed after the 1st run was to bring the top bars back to where it was in October and the car was way happy compared. Still rode the bars but drive able.
The changes we made this winter sure made a different car for sure now we are making progress again. Learning the double adjust shocks is new to me.

Oh for a final note My Uncle that has the AA/Supercharged 33 Willys donated a Littlefield 6-71..... Guess what we will be doing in the near future??? Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: