Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

new blown alky altered this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

altered wrote:
we fired the motor in the car yesterday and everything went pretty smooth but i believe i want to put an electric primer on it. it takes quite a bit of fuel to start it with a squeeze bottle and keep it running long enough to catch prime. deicer is an absolute must as the butterflies practically froze shut in just a few seconds. the learning curve is in high gear but the motor sounds awesome and it motivated my crew to hear it run a little as well as my self.
the easy part is almost over and the driving part will soon begin. its kind of funny but when your building these things everybody wants to be the driver until you start it up than all those delusions quickly fade away.

It should only take a squirt of GAS not Alky to get fire............
altered

1795.60 points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i use the race gas it fires better especially this time of year.
sounds like yall had a good time adam and its good to take out some cones now and then it shakes up the competition. with all that going on it was still a decent pass, im sure the spectators thought it was one of the best passes of the day. its a win,win situation with these cars

af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

altered wrote:
yeah i use the race gas it fires better especially this time of year.
sounds like yall had a good time adam and its good to take out some cones now and then it shakes up the competition. with all that going on it was still a decent pass, im sure the spectators thought it was one of the best passes of the day. its a win,win situation with these cars

We use 87 octane pump gas....

You are correct on the crowd. They loved it.. The car went 4.84 in the 660 taking its cone also..... Laughing
af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So come to find out on the last run 30 was pulled from the pills and the same exact data was there from the 7.30 run with the plugs looking new????? WTF????? They shoulda been torched.......

The 44 mag was sent back to MSD and returned before the race and was good...........?????

I guess we have to start eliminating shyt starting with the tach adapter, then coil, then the rev limiter set at 10,000..... Last time the trans broke and the thing went to 11,800 on the graph with the limiter removed. Oh what fun it is....

I hope I can run my car this year... LOL
altered

1795.60 points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I was going to ask you about your car and what was up on puting it on the track this year. we got rained out last weekend again so i still havnt made a pass yet this year. the season opener for the shra got rained out so i havnt missed a race either witch means i still have a 9 race schedule ahead of me this year if all goes well.
we have a couple a boys from pinks all out and street outlaws coming out saturday i think mike murillo is one of them and of course there saying theyl take on all comers , i ran one of those pinks all out champions at the bracket finals and i was pedaling it at half track so i aint gonna mess with it. these guys get to believing there own bull from tv.
anyhow there's a test and tune on sunday and its supposed to be a nice day so we should get a couple a passes in to establish a baseline
on our fuel and timeing. the shop is getting really busy and will hopefully stay that way all summer so i can get my wifes car built. hell shes been there for me all along so i need to get her hooked up

altered

1795.60 points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

af2 wrote:
So come to find out on the last run 30 was pulled from the pills and the same exact data was there from the 7.30 run with the plugs looking new????? WTF????? They shoulda been torched.......

The 44 mag was sent back to MSD and returned before the race and was good...........?????

I guess we have to start eliminating shyt starting with the tach adapter, then coil, then the rev limiter set at 10,000..... Last time the trans broke and the thing went to 11,800 on the graph with the limiter removed. Oh what fun it is....

it may have been on the edge of too lean just before the little specs show up???

altered

1795.60 points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phydeaux wrote:
I'm still laughing at straightish. Sucks when steering with the throttle doesn't cut it anymore...

i hear ya talkin brother i always seem to have trouble coming out of turn 4 on the dragstrip.

af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

altered wrote:
phydeaux wrote:
I'm still laughing at straightish. Sucks when steering with the throttle doesn't cut it anymore...

i hear ya talkin brother i always seem to have trouble coming out of turn 4 on the dragstrip.

Just remember that if you can turn you are not going fast enough..........
altered

1795.60 points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="af2"]
altered wrote:
phydeaux wrote:

Just remember that if you can turn you are not going fast enough..........[/quot

you are absolutely correct adam because thats exactly what happened sunday night. went star gazing off the line and hooked left.
round 2 was a little better, made some shock adjustments and it left a little better but i still had to gather it up and stab it again however the car ran amazingly strait after that and the wing kept it planted good and solid. motor ran flawless no issues at all.

the other driver asked me if i was having trouble gettin it off the line (as if) so i asked him if he was having trouble with his burn out because i was out there smokin em in high gear at about 150 ft and didnt see anybody in the other lane (lol) the beauty of blown alky is its still a croud pleaser no matter what.

af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be good if you can weigh the thing on all 4 corners......
It will amaze you how far out it is.....

I just put in new springs and shocks and can't believe the amount of turns the driver side took to set at 50/50... I gained weight but WTH ....

The flippen sway bar had to be adjusted as well
altered

1795.60 points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

af2 wrote:
It would be good if you can weigh the thing on all 4 corners......
It will amaze you how far out it is.....

I just put in new springs and shocks and can't believe the amount of turns the driver side took to set at 50/50... I gained weight but WTH ....

The flippen sway bar had to be adjusted as well

im going to weigh it this week and see were im at and im going to a 72 inch wheelie bar. ive never had to run ballast but im considering it.

the last time i had real horsepower in this car was in 08 and it took me about 4 passes before i made a successful pass so a lot of my issues right now are probably a matter of gettin used to the car all over again. on top of that ill not go down in any history books as a great driver im simply the only one that will get in the car(lol).
adam i believe im rolling up on them 44 inch bars which is why im changing them out . Question

af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep 60" bar is a must.
af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

af2 wrote:

The borrowed box and coil did the trick by the way..... How could MSD check the shyt and send it back saying it was fine???
We get 25 runs out of a set of rods and can't just test shyt.......
altered

1795.60 points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats really odd about that box and coil it makes you wonder if they can simulate track conditions to any extent when they test that stuff?
its that way with just about everything now days and now that msd is diversified i dont think their past quality is going to survive it.

adam let me tell you something. ive had a lot of different engine combos in my car over the years and some were scary fast but nothing compared to that first launch the other night. the car felt like it was made out of rubber and now im ruined for anything less.
short cars and big motors, if they havnt driven one they will not understand what we are talking about.

af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!!!!! Blown alky is a trip that is fast as heck...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: