Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

05 Dodge Neon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broly3k8

518.62 points

1999 Cadillac Seville

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: 05 Dodge Neon Reply with quote

My goal is to turn this thing into an ultra silent sleeper. But I know little to nothing about engine replacement, tuning, or even about what parts I can replace with what. I can replace a good portion of stuff just due to upkeep, general maintainance, and reading the manual.

Laugh uncontrollably all you want but I got it for 1300, and have done some minor work to it after the seller failed to mention an non functioning radiator (when I bought it, and test drove it, it was dead of winter and didnt even suspect anything.).

Now shes purring around town and for 1300 I sure do love her (stop the laughing.) Also, from all the shit talking I had heard of Neons, I wasn't expecting it to have any balls, but man can she move. That fact that it's a manual probably doesnt help.

My questions:

I feel like the engine bay has a lot of open space, would it be possible to drop this 4 for a 6?
Where would I look, what size should I be looking at, and what kind of cost am should I be expecting?

Once I get a new engine do you think there'd still be enough room to twin it?

Before that though I know I'll have to do alot of other work like wires, hosing, air intake, radiator, etc. etc. is there anywhere that might be able to help a no knowledge nobody with what I need to replace with what, what will come with a new engine, and what I can get the best performance out of for my money?

Finally, in the spirit of this thing NOT coming out like a typical 'ricer' what can I do to make it as silent as possible? I absolutely do not want that ugly ass sound I hear coming from other little put-puts around town, coming from my put-put. Plus I think the loudness would defeat the sleeper purpose I have in mind.

Thanks for any and all advice!
10sec.et

346624.78 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i would go with a turbo. something like this....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-SRT4-Turbo-/181632513197

the SRT Neons were actually pretty impressive. you can get quite a lot out of that little 4 cylinder with a turbo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: