Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Loud Cadillac CTSV at Loudon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul P

81240.86 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Loud Cadillac CTSV at Loudon Reply with quote

I went to Loudon on Monday to watch the SCDA event that my friend runs his 2005 STi in. He runs in the intermediate II group. His car dominated this group which was fun to watch since I have performed all the mods on this over the years. One car in particular that I noticed was this Cadillac CTSV. It had open exhaust and was flagged for noise above the 106db limit. Sounded shitty actually. Anyway I get to talking to this guy and checked out the car. He has the 6.2L LS engine with the supercharger on it. Looked nice. Then I took a look at the exhaust system. Stock exhaust manifolds with 2.5" pipes bolted to them and run out the sides of the car. I asked him why he didn't put headers on it. Maybe because of the difficulty? He said no that it just wouldn't gain anything. I almost fell over laughing from his comment but kept quiet and just said ok. No wonder the car sounded shitty it was corked so up hard the motor had blue balls. What a tard! More money than brains. I guess money and intelligence don't go together.
6.95@98.6 MPH 1/8mi
10.97@121 MPH 1/4mi
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would he want to do that to a CTS-V? That exhaust doesn't fit the car at all. I'm probably like you - I'd have done headers and still put a fairly quiet muffler on it. Something about an obnoxiously loud Cadillac that just ain't right. I heard something similar years ago at the track. Guy had a Nova with headers but ran straight 3" pipe all the way back pointing straight out under the rear bumper. Shouldn't have hurt power at all but sounded absolutely horrible. Clay
10sec.et

346624.78 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, he's an idiot. headers would make a huge difference. they are, however, a bitch to install. my guess is he's one of those guys that doesn't really have money. probably bought the car used.
we built one of those at a performance shop i used to work at. headers, exhaust, cold air, SC, lil bit of nitrous.... was good for high tens. 11s all day without the nitrous.

Paul P

81240.86 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay,
That was the other thing. He said paddle shifters on the automatic caddy was the way to go with a road course car. Really a tard but then he said he has a vette on order anyway and he would not be doing anything more to the car really.

10 Sec,
Idiot for sure. Sadly he has tons of cash. He drove his other caddy like it without these mods to the track and had this towed up separately. With a vette on order too looks to be just a lack of brains or he is listening to someone that is clueless and just following along.

Just thought this guy was so messed up I had to post it.

Paul

6.95@98.6 MPH 1/8mi
10.97@121 MPH 1/4mi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: