Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Oppose proposed Mass Bill H.3253

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65097.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Oppose proposed Mass Bill H.3253 Reply with quote

Posting this to make people aware of the non-sense that is going on in the great state of TAXachussets. Representative David Linsky has a sponsored a bill for new gun laws which is supposedly fast tracked for approval. In reading this bill I'm so disappointed in the people elected to our government. Below are some of the highlights that jump out at me.
  • Imposes 25% sales tax on ammunition, firearms, shotguns, and rifles; dedicates funds towards firearms licensing, police training, mental health services, and victimís services.
    Quote:
    Are you kidding me! ENOUGH TAXES!

• Limits gun buyers to one firearm purchase per month.
    Quote:
    If I want to legally buy guns I should be able to buy them when I want.

• Requires proof of liability insurance for possession of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.
    Quote:
    If you read most of this guys bills most include adding insurance. Wonder, does he work on commission? Or just on retainer from the insurance companies.

• Requires that all large capacity weapons and grandfathered assault weapons must be stored at gun clubs or target ranges.
    Quote:
    Store my legal guns at the gun range! Are you nuts!

• Requires live shooting as part of the curriculum for a basic firearms safety course; this is not a current requirement.
    Quote:
    The only one I agree with.

• Requires all applicants for gun licenses and FID cards to sign a waiver of mental health records for review to be destroyed after decision.
    Quote:
    More invasion of privacy, can you say Big Brother! Enough background checks are already in place, no more are needed.

Here's a link to the proposed bill
https://malegislature.gov/Bills/188/House/H3253

I can say getting a permit to carry in Mass is very difficult. All they need to do is enforce the existing laws.

Please protect your second amendment rights. Call, write, and/or email your state reps asking to oppose this bill.

On a side note the people who are in favor of this bill voted down having a picture ID on welfare cards, go figure!

I challenge you to push yourself.
Paul P

81616.60 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree can't say enough about Obama and Obama Jr (Mass. Gov. Patrick). F)*#ing up this country and state. This New England Governors Energy agreement has them putting a 30" diameter 1500PSI Fracked gas main behind my house and taking 100ft of my property for it! WTF! What's even worse is that this is a private company providing the pipe for other private energy retailers/exporters and we the tax payers are paying for it!

The other side of the property is a gun club....

This video is of a 20" Main at the same pressure. Would I be alive with a 30" main going up 100ft from my house with 2.25 times the volume of this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Sjl_x3fs0#t=31

1971 - Chevelle 408 SBC N/A
6.86@102.5 MPH 1/8mi
10.78@122 MPH 1/4mi
af2

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think is that Mass wants to be ahead of Calif on the gun laws. Except for 1 law I see the rest needs to be in the garbage.

Maybe he is in the insurance pocket AND a member of a gun club.... What a piece of crap altogether. Next they can raid the gun club and confiscate whether or not you are there.

It will get very interesting in the next few years as our so called leader Dictates who and where people can use the Constitution...
Big Dave

119973.02 points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Oppose proposed Mass Bill H.3253 Reply with quote

SMOKEmUP wrote:

• Imposes 25% sales tax on ammunition, firearms, shotguns, and rifles; dedicates funds towards firearms licensing, police training, mental health services, and victimís services.

Well if we are going to assume that every person that goes postal is insane then it makes sense to spend more on mental health. The only problem I have with that is there isn't a pyschiatrist on the planet that can testify in court what a subject is going to do next; as psychiatry isn't a science. If it were we would get the same results every time you repeated any experiment.

• Limits gun buyers to one firearm purchase per month.
    Quote:
    If I want to legally buy guns I should be able to buy them when I want.

Theoretically this is to limit gun buyers from loading up their pick-ups with fire arms out of the factory and pedaling guns in Mexico or Miami to illegals wanting protection from the armed police trying to arrest them for being criminals.

• Requires proof of liability insurance for possession of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.
    Quote:
    If you read most of this guys bills most include adding insurance. Wonder, does he work on commission? Or just on retainer from the insurance companies.

That one may be an end around on gun rights figuring if you can't get insurance you can't get a gun. Or maybe he is a bought and paid for politician as he wouldn't be the first one to be in the pocket of an insurance company.

• Requires that all large capacity weapons and grandfathered assault weapons must be stored at gun clubs or target ranges.
    Quote:
    Store my legal guns at the gun range! Are you nuts!

Totally out in left field. Makes no sense at all to me.

• Requires live shooting as part of the curriculum for a basic firearms safety course; this is not a current requirement.
    Quote:
    The only one I agree with.

As I understand it all automatic weapons are gas operated and require "live" rounds to even have the gun work. At least that is how my Colt .45 and Rugger 9 mm hand gun works.

• Requires all applicants for gun licenses and FID cards to sign a waiver of mental health records for review to be destroyed after decision.
    Quote:
    More invasion of privacy, can you say Big Brother! Enough background checks are already in place, no more are needed.

Are you saying you have to declare yourself to be crazy when you buy a gun; or your shrink has to call you nuts? I see that as being a non-starter just because of lawyers.

Here's a link to the proposed bill
https://malegislature.gov/Bills/188/House/H3253

I can say getting a permit to carry in Mass is very difficult. All they need to do is enforce the existing laws.

Another alternative is to just send $75 to the state of Florida and they will mail you your concealed fire arm carry permit no questioned asked. We have three times more concealed fire arm permits in circulation now than people who live in the entire state. Mass has to honor your Florida carry permit under federal law.

On a side note the people who are in favor of this bill voted down having a picture ID on welfare cards, go figure!

Big Dave
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All they need to do is enforce the existing laws.

I probably know less about politics than everyone here but I have absolutely seen evidence of this exact situation over and over again. Instead politicians seem to want to weave a more confusing web so they can put their own spin on it to get what they want. Clay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: