Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

wish me luck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
altered

1795.60 points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: wish me luck Reply with quote

Im going after a trailer today with true drag racing enthusiasm in its purest form (im broke)!!! however the guy that owns it is a half brother to my almost wife which today makes us family!!! right? Ill have my car ready to go by the end of the week now that my summit card is maxed out(no interest one year) but im not a big shot no more in fact im not even bird shot at the moment so heres the pitch im hittin
him with. "I need that trailer worse than you and i dont want to pay you anything however i promise to take good care of it and dont ever ask to borrow it because i dont loan my trailer to nobody so if you throw in a spare tire we got a deal brother".
whadda ya think! I cant steal it my wife wont let me. ill tell you how it went tomorrow. 20ft dust free pace american

af2

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, I am confused. What the hell?
altered

1795.60 points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

af2 wrote:
Jim, I am confused. What the hell?

maybe this will clear it up. im going out to buy a new trailer tomorrow because the new ones are cheaper than the used ones and i need at least a 28 ft trailer because my wife is driving the altered this year and before the season is over were gonna have an ne class dragster in there with it. if i could have got the 20 ft for the right price we would have pulled 2 trailers for a few races other than that the 20 is worthless and the dude thinks hes gonna get 6500 for his 10 year old (4000 brand new) trailer.
on the other front, were going to the shop today to put all the new sfi stuff on the altered and new tires and basically the finishing touches but its going to be hectic as hell because every square inch of floor space is packed with dragsters and all of them are being worked on at the same time. ill post some pics when i get back tomorrow.

by the way ,are you running the willys this year?

af2

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

altered wrote:

by the way ,are you running the willys this year?

I understand now...

I plan on running this year.
Bought a new radiator and double adjust coil over shocks and 95# springs.
I just need new slicks and belts.
altered

1795.60 points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the IHRA guy came out to the shop sunday and did chassis certs on 4 of our cars and the altered recertified for 7.50 & 4 something. beats the hell out of getting it done at the track. were going to try some good years on the back this year, there just wasnt enough hours in the day to get the tires changed so ill do all 4 next week. i have to get the trailer painted and rigged out in the next 2 weeks and i still have a pretty good list of things to do on the car. that list just aint getting short enough fast enough. im gonna be right down to the wire it looks like. the wife is in hog heaven and ill never get her out of that car once she goes down the track. shell probably wear her fire suit to work.
oh man im glad you mentioned shocks i have to buy a new set also. i had 110 springs but im gonna drop em down a little.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: