Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Twin Saw review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Twin Saw review Reply with quote

I'm sure the rest of you like me have seen the twin saw with the counterrotating blades and thought it can't be as good as it looks in the ad. I'm telling you it is and better. We had a job at work where there was a steel rail in the floor that was going to cause interference with a new installation. We needed to remove 8 - 10 mm deep by about 4" by 4" wide and it was in a tight place. We're always looking for ways to do things without sparks because of the fire hazard in the plant. We tried and used the Harbor Freight version of the twin saw and it's pretty impressive. A little of the rail had already been slightly clearanced years ago with a torch so to us this was a worst case situation. We ran this thing about 30 minutes continuous and it did get hot but it worked flawlessly. All it takes is the weight of the tool to make it cut - you don't have to fight it or push like you would a grinder and VERY few sparks at all - mainly just when we were on the previously torched section. After all this it still cuts great. I think it was either $49 or $59 on sale and I've got to have one of these. I know all of you have gotten the crappy Bob Vila tools for Christmas but this thing works just like it should. Clay

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=twin+saw

Big Dave

119973.02 points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the endorsement.

I had thought of buying one from Sears that they sell under the Craftsman name (doesn't do any good to label it a Craftsman as they don't give you a new one when it burns up). It is probably the same Chinese import that Harbor Freight sells only for twice the price.

Big Dave
Knarley Darley

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the harbor freight model for Christmas. I hadn't heard of these saws until this thread. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I will check in after I do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: