Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

back again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
87IrocTim

16836.12 points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: back again Reply with quote

So a lot has changed in the past couple years, im pretty sure i mentioned on this site the trans am i bought with no engine/tranny. it was a high nine second NHRA approved car, not long after buying it i got ahold of a 427 tall deck.

after milling the valve guides and putting smaller seals, put some mild double valve springs, a .540 lift cam, and all new gaskets. engine was a crate motor with less then 5000 miles on it, and that was proven to me upon inspecting the entire thing down to the shortblock. its factory 7.5:1 compression so i was in desperate need of a 6-71 blower. made custom intake spacers out of a hard wood that is very temperature resistant, not to mention the saw didnt evven want to cut it. oval port spacers were far too expensive for me.

bought 2 demon 850 double pumpers which are on there way along with a dyers 6-71 @ 5% underdrive.

the engine will be limited to 5500 rpm because of 3/8" rods and big 5 gallon bucket tall deck pistons, but the expensive stuff is done so next year will definitely putting 6.535 rods in with standard 427 pistons.

feels good to get back in the game because i spent all last summer spending my money on all the wrong things like alcohol, drugs and partying, which is a mistake i will not be making this year. anyone else deal with the same thing at one point?

87IrocTim

16836.12 points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and by the way, demon is now out of business, so buy them while there are some left. jegs only have 4 850's left, now two Laughing
Big Dave

119910.22 points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They died back in FEB.

From Barry Grant
As of today, February 18, 2011 we are ceasing operations at our Dahlonega location and all subsidiary locations. Working with all of you has been the experience of a lifetime. I will value your support as friends, customers, vendors, and media contacts forever. The economic situation has put the company in the position of not being able to find working capital needed to continue operations and get a chapter 11 reorganization plan through the court. In addition to this, is that all of our equipment has been breaking down causing production delays and further hurting cash flow. Reluctantly now we must convert to chapter 7 liquidation after 26 years of business. The financial collapse has closed, or has caused severe restructuring of many companies in our industry. Many individuals have lost everything. We have even lost our home. This is the most humbling experience of my life, and I have no future plans at this point. Thank You for Your Many Years of Support.
BG

Big Dave
87IrocTim

16836.12 points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a damn shame. probably will be more companies following that path soon. remind me to never sell the ones i have
af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: back again Reply with quote

87IrocTim wrote:

feels good to get back in the game because i spent all last summer spending my money on all the wrong things like alcohol, drugs and partying, which is a mistake i will not be making this year. anyone else deal with the same thing at one point?

Tim, I saw that on a few of you're previous posts!
At the worst stick with beer!!!!
I fuggin hate tweekers with a passion you will never know until you meet me and my 2 sons. Good luck!!
87IrocTim

16836.12 points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha yea well hopefully the car will keep me out of trouble. i have to say this is my second time buying a blower from bill dyer @ dyersblowers and by far the prices were way better, not to mention bill is dead honest and helpful. for the same blower from bds was like a $400 more. definitely recommend them if anyone is blower shopping. so when are any of you going to hit up new england dragway?

by the way, this is my first big block so i have no idea what to expect, but this crate engine was factory rated at 290hp and 385ft lbs. any estimates after adding a .540 cam, only turning a waterpump and alt, big headers and a 6-71 @ 8-9psi?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Forced Induction All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: