Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

4L60
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Driveline / Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STEVE1103

609.94 points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: 4L60 Reply with quote

Can you tell me a little more on the diagram, why do you use the brake lite switch? Do you add the extra wiring for the lock up on the switch and leave what is already there? I am using the 47 switch , how do you know which is NC and NO terminal ? Thanks, want to get the 47 on the road before winter, well at least drive it a few times! Cool
af2

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 4L60 Reply with quote

STEVE1103 wrote:
Can you tell me a little more on the diagram, why do you use the brake lite switch? Do you add the extra wiring for the lock up on the switch and leave what is already there? I am using the 47 switch , how do you know which is NC and NO terminal ? Thanks, want to get the 47 on the road before winter, well at least drive it a few times! Cool

The 47 switch does not have a N/C offering.

Are you using the pressure (47) switch? Or a lever?
You need to adapt a lever style if not using one. At least for the lock-up.
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65097.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: 4L60 Reply with quote

STEVE1103 wrote:

If you have a different kit you're using then you can ignore the diagram I posted. This is how I did the lockup circuit for 700R4 install. The reason I used the brake switch is I figure the converter should unlock if I hit the brakes.

I challenge you to push yourself.
STEVE1103

609.94 points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: 4L60 Reply with quote

Thanks, I can't use the kit I have, no spot to put the sending unit, in the case, will use the 4 prong adapter they gave me for your hook up, will have to get a newer stop lite switch. Do you feel the lock up and when it goes off?
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65097.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's a manual lockup so if you forget and left the switch in the lockup position it will lock the converter as soon as it can.

I challenge you to push yourself.
STEVE1103

609.94 points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: 4L60 Reply with quote

I do have a lever activated stop lite switch. just have to figure out which way to hook it up. Thanks again! Will try and get some pictures that I can put on this site, of my 47 Chevy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Driveline / Suspension All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: