Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Hello peeps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkinnRodd

667.04 points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Hello peeps Reply with quote

My name is Will, SkinnRodd is my callsign. I have a huge interest in the Chevy V-8 and the American V-Twin engines. My toolbox sucks, but I have access to just about whatever I need. I am a Veteran learning how to live all over again after comming back from the other side of the world. I have a 4yr old hellyen named Tucker, a fire breathing Twincam in my Softail, a freshly aquired 454 on a new engine stand, and last but not least I have a lot to learn and I'm eager to get started. I have messed with SBC's and Buick's off and on since I was 15, born in 1977. I have a 86 SWB Chevy 4wd and lots of parts and ideas. My embryo on the stand what I will be posting about first. I'm happy to be a member, thanks for the add.
jeep_406

53123.48 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are back safe and reasonably sound. Welcome to the best car site on the internet. Cheers
squeeezer

191524.76 points

1991 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

howdy from wisconsin

119910.22 points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board Will.

Have to keep in mind after 1987 they used a transverse diff out of a V-6 for front wheel drive in the 4x4 light trucks. You can convert everything back to a live axel instead of the IFS if you can find a donor one ton truck or an older 1973-'87 3/4 ton 4x4 for a frame swap. Otherwise the 454 will twist those itty bitty constant velocity joints off of the axel (unless of course the axel, or stub breaks first) on anything tougher than driving on snow.

Big Dave
SkinnRodd

667.04 points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dave wrote:
Welcome to the board Will.

Have to keep in mind after 1987 they used a transverse diff out of a V-6 for front wheel drive in the 4x4 light trucks. You can convert everything back to a live axel instead of the IFS if you can find a donor one ton truck or an older 1973-'87 3/4 ton 4x4 for a frame swap. Otherwise the 454 will twist those itty bitty constant velocity joints off of the axel (unless of course the axel, or stub breaks first) on anything tougher than driving on snow.

Big Dave

I just ordered some stuff for this project, I will post the rest in the proper thread. Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> New Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: