Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

TCI direct drum 327900 does fail but not where I expected
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Driveline / Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul P

81240.86 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact is that it was an 18 year old TCI drum just an old version without the pins. When I spoke to Jerry their best technical guy who I have spoken with many times over the last 20 years he said that it was probably an old drum as they have been pinning them for quite a few years. I'm sure this type of failure was the reason for pinning it. I did go with an ATI this time. I did get my use out of it though. Laughing

Actually this type of failure was an easy fix. I just replaced the drum and put it back together it is working perfectly.

By the way here is the receipt for those of you at TCI and here on this site who think that it was not a TCI drum. You know who you are and what you can do with it.....Rolling Eyes

6.95@98.6 MPH 1/8mi
10.97@121 MPH 1/4mi
10sec.et

346624.78 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10sec.et wrote:

Oh crap that is funny! Laughing Laughing

Eric, A lot of us know way more than said on the forums. Wink
Paul P

81240.86 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Eric. Not to say that you don't have tons of car experience and finally found us but really.... Rolling Eyes
The pics with the 3279 stamped in the drum should be enough to prove that it is the part I claim. You think it was something I fabricated? Man you know I have at least 25 TCI receipts over the years and have always stuck up for them. This is a no BS site and people here are generally straight up with real world experienced based opinions and facts!

6.95@98.6 MPH 1/8mi
10.97@121 MPH 1/4mi

Last edited by Paul P on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul have a look!
ericnova72

758.60 points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take your meds today? You're a bit touchy.

Call me whatever you like, doesn't bother me. I've been signed up here for for about 1-1/2 years just don't post here much, don't like some of the attitudes here.

I made a mistake thinking you had said that this part was only a couple years old (just a little confusion between various posts)and felt you were badmouthing TCI over it, when in fact you have now shown it is almost 20! years old.

Still don't feel you have any business badmouthing TCI over it, or even slightly expecting them to do anything for you. Pics you posted showed a drum inconsistant with any that TCI has made in at least 14 years as far as I have proof of, and I said such.

There are other people on the web besides your little clique that may find this post in a search, and I have a real problem with them finding misleading information that may sway their decision to use a part or not. There is just too much of that poor info out there confusing people.

Glad to see you posted the reciept, it proves it is TCI but also proves the age of the part. Would have been nice for TCI to step up and offer to replace it with the redesigned version free of charge, but they are under no obligation to do so. Would have been great PR and customer relations tho'.

There has been probably 3000 passes, and 30,000 street miles on the one I installed, car runs in the low 11's with a 1.50 sixty, and the drum has been flawless. I went to this drum after breaking 3 hardened stock type sprag assemblies at exactly7 passes on each new sprag.

Just because you have been here 8 years doesn't make your information and posts infallable, I'll point out discrepancies when I see them to anyone, I don't car who you are.

There is too much bashing going on all over car guy websites all over the web, can't we just get along and strive to see that all bogus info gets stamped out?? Cool
Paul P

81240.86 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Eric,
I did put in my response that you might also have only been here a short time but have a lot of experience. Not too much of a clique here and if that is what you think so be it. I'm glad I could clear up any doubt about the parts authenticity.

Either way the car has very limited use and the age of the part was not the issue it was the amount of use. My job for many of the last 20 years required me to leave the country for 3 months to over a year at a time. During this time it was stored. Since i have owned the car purchased (Oct 12,1985) I have only put 17,000 miles in total on the vehicle. This drum was installed probably within the last 10,000 miles or less. It might have 100 passes on it in total and the rest street miles. Smoke has concurred this fact in the posts.

Your bump of this post I guess will clear up any doubt among the as you put it out of the clique folks.

No offense taken for asking for the receipt. At the time I posted this I could not find it so I did not post it. Since then I did find it and the post was old and I did not feel it necessary to put it up.

All I was looking for was a replacement and yes PR would have been nice for them. They did nothing and so I used someone else end of story.

6.95@98.6 MPH 1/8mi
10.97@121 MPH 1/4mi
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65093.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this got out of hand. Please try to get along, no fighting.

Hey you bought that from Mike Forte, my buddy, NOT! If you want to bash someone it should be him.

I challenge you to push yourself.
Paul P

81240.86 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes back then I did get it from him.
Embarassed

6.95@98.6 MPH 1/8mi
10.97@121 MPH 1/4mi
af2

71191.50 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMOKEmUP wrote:
Wow, this got out of hand. Please try to get along, no fighting.

Actually I thought it went well? Very Happy

It got out of hand when the porting my son did wasn't up to his level! Shocked Laughing
Its all good though! Laughing I just need to run the thing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Driveline / Suspension All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: