Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

what headgasket to use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Big Block
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raceman_46

477.88 points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: what headgasket to use? Reply with quote

have a 572cbb with a 8-71 blower 6% over on gas with merlin block and heads after a few runs we discower water in oil had some kind of mls gasket (said felpro on build sheet but not sure)cant find anyting else wrong but maybe a little coarse surface on block and heads and the gasket was app.4,600 bore and block is 4,500 can this be an issue??and thinkin of putting it back togeter with sce ics titan self sealing copper gaskets instead anybody used this -opinions? and what size to order since i don't live in the US trial and error is a little expensive *LOL*
af2

66491.04 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: what headgasket to use? Reply with quote

raceman_46 wrote:
have a 572cbb with a 8-71 blower 6% over on gas with merlin block and heads after a few runs we discower water in oil had some kind of mls gasket (said felpro on build sheet but not sure)cant find anyting else wrong but maybe a little coarse surface on block and heads and the gasket was app.4,600 bore and block is 4,500 can this be an issue??and thinkin of putting it back togeter with sce ics titan self sealing copper gaskets instead anybody used this -opinions? and what size to order since i don't live in the US trial and error is a little expensive *LOL*

A Fel Pro or Cometic should be more than what is needed!!! I am talking MLS. I noticed Summit is selling a MLS that is their normal friggin head gasket.

6% over is nothing on a street motor.

If it is steel multilayered it is the one. The bottom price new will be $80.00 each.

I am going to contact Summit tomorrow and have them fix their total crap.
10sec.et

338691.72 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: what headgasket to use? Reply with quote

i agree with Adam. ill be using Cometics on mine (nitrous motor). i would check the gasket surfaces on the head and block. 6% shouldnt blow a decent set of gaskets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Big Block All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: