Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Most efficient turbos for large cubes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen3 LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dezl

486.30 points

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand correctly, this car is gonna be a street machine. If that in fact is correct, I would suggest a small turbo. They are going to spool quicker and the engine will come to life in lower RPMS. With the larger turbos there is going to alot more lag.

1969 Chevelle, BB 427, th400
kaine806

134.84 points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have turbo charged a few car's in the past and am working on turbo charging a camaro soon hopfully... ( in the design fas )
I guess it's just me but I like the the turbo charger to come to life at around 3200rpm's and on a motor like that if you do any lower than you'll be spinning the tire's every time you leave a light.. if you keep the big power above 3000rpm's it will be alot more street friendly and the cop's whont be giving you a stack of ticket's ever time you go out...
PROCV8

394.20 points

1985 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gidday to you all. I'm new here & from what i've already read while browsing over this site I think i'll like being here.
Those turbos should be ok, they may suffer a little lag but will make good power. Mates 540 runs twin GT42R turbos & it's just churned out 1600rwhp with wheelspin.
I am in the midst of collecting the parts to build my new engine for my Pro Streeter which will be running twin Garrett GT60's which have a 144mm impeller. With 615 cubes of Dart magic it will still suffer a little lag but when it comes on it'll be a ton of fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen3 LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: