Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Most efficient turbos for large cubes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen3 LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GORILLAVETTE

356.86 points

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Most efficient turbos for large cubes Reply with quote

High folks I am new here. I did a search but could not find what specifically I wanted to know.

I am building a LSX 434 ci motor with LS7X heads with twin turbos. As you can see I have selected two Turbonetics GT-K 650's 66mm's. I know these are a little small for the build but I am looking for the power in the 3.5K range. Right now it's a street car but the day will come when I make it a drag car. What is out on the market that would be very efficient for this cubic inch? I have looked at the BW Bullseye 80's and a few others but I thought I would ask that question on here. Thanks for any information!

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Most efficient turbos for large cubes Reply with quote

GORILLAVETTE wrote:
High folks I am new here. I did a search but could not find what specifically I wanted to know.
but I am looking for the power in the 3.5K range.

Really????? That picture is yours??????? If it is I apologize!!!
I don't think so.

The first part of the ??? Should have told you we are a stuipid!!!!A bunch that have no clue how to build anything but ERECTION SETS.
HMMMMMMM More coming from S?T getting bitch slapped????? Laughing Laughing Laughing
If not I appologize for Squisher! Embarassed
GORILLAVETTE

356.86 points

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Most efficient turbos for large cubes Reply with quote

af2 wrote:
GORILLAVETTE wrote:

I don't think so.

The first part of the ??? Should have told you we are a stuipid!!!!A bunch that have no clue how to build anything but ERECTION SETS.
HMMMMMMM More coming from S?T getting bitch slapped????? Laughing Laughing Laughing

I mean power in the 3500RPM to 4000RPM range. Yes that is my set up. The rest of what you said.....I don't have a clue what it means! Rolling Eyes

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Most efficient turbos for large cubes Reply with quote

GORILLAVETTE wrote:
af2 wrote:
GORILLAVETTE wrote:

I don't think so.

I mean power in the 3500RPM to 4000RPM range. Yes that is my set up. The rest of what you said.....I don't have a clue what it means! Rolling Eyes

ill take a stab at explaining Adams post........... GORILLAVETTE, you wrote "3.5K range". im guessing you meant RPM and Adam thought you meant $$$$.

i personally have no idea what aftermarket turbos are available. all of my turbo knowledge is consumed with big ass diesel turbos retrofitted to gas engines. im too broke to buy a good one.

GORILLAVETTE

356.86 points

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Most efficient turbos for large cubes Reply with quote

10sec.et wrote:
GORILLAVETTE wrote:
af2 wrote:
GORILLAVETTE wrote:

I don't think so.

ill take a stab at explaining Adams post........... GORILLAVETTE, you wrote "3.5K range". im guessing you meant RPM and Adam thought you meant $$$$.

i personally have no idea what aftermarket turbos are available. all of my turbo knowledge is consumed with big ass diesel turbos retrofitted to gas engines. im too broke to buy a good one.

I guess I was not real clear. Looks like this may not be the best site to ask that question. Hope some other folks "chime" in. Thanks...

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said eirlier(not your'es) That is I thought 3.5K as meaning HP??? Ok I will sit this one out!
Embarassed
By the way welcome to Smokem!!!!!
robins44

18797.16 points

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geese ya scared him away Razz
GORILLAVETTE

356.86 points

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robins44 wrote:
geese ya scared him away Razz

Me no skeered! Just not getting much in the way of info from you dudes! Wink

PostMaster

65097.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want to optimize at 3500 rpm?

I figure with that motor you'll have a hard time hooking it up normally aspirated, never mind with twin turbo's.

I challenge you to push yourself.
Knarley Darley

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be a lot happier with the smaller twins, than with the 80MMs. The engine will spool the smaller turbos way faster than the bigger ones, and be better mannered on the street, and make insane power. The bigger turbos may be OK for a drag only car, but you are going to have to melt the convertor to spool them. Even the 66mms are pretty big for the street IMO, but you have enough cubes to drive through the lag. That thing is going to be...... well NARLEY. Welcome to smokemup. BTW what year is your Vette?
GORILLAVETTE

356.86 points

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMOKEmUP wrote:

I figure with that motor you'll have a hard time hooking it up normally aspirated, never mind with twin turbo's.

Not optimize but start really getting into the power zone. If I go bigger will start in the 5000RPM range. Problem with smaller ones is.......pop out about 6200RPM.

356.86 points

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knarley Darley wrote:
You will be a lot happier with the smaller twins, than with the 80MMs. The engine will spool the smaller turbos way faster than the bigger ones, and be better mannered on the street, and make insane power. The bigger turbos may be OK for a drag only car, but you are going to have to melt the convertor to spool them. Even the 66mms are pretty big for the street IMO, but you have enough cubes to drive through the lag. That thing is going to be...... well NARLEY. Welcome to smokemup. BTW what year is your Vette?

Mostly a street machine. I have just about decided to start with the 66's and if I am not happy go to a T76. I do like to get into the power range in the 3500RPM level and not wait untill 5000RPM. Thanks...happy to be here!

356.86 points

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMOKEmUP wrote:

Oh I will hook up....running these out back! MT 345/35/18's.

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might need wheelie bars. LOL
GORILLAVETTE

356.86 points

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knarley Darley wrote:
You might need wheelie bars. LOL

Lord I hope not.....the local cops really frown on that around here! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen3 LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: