Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

alky jetting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmoffitt

3694.06 points

1932 Austin Maxi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: alky jetting Reply with quote

i need the alky guru.
im running 2 850 quickfuel alky carbs on my altered . the car screams coming out, runs decent to the shift but flattens out on the big end. im haveing to run a pair of stacks while waiting on my scoop and its posible that im shearing off the air at 100 +mph.
the plugs come out wet but its hard to tell what go,s on during the shut down and on the return lane.
im looking for a procedure here.
Paul P

81574.74 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could be creating a vacuum that is fighting the engine for air??? If you think about it I guess it is possible. I was just comparing it to a vacuum port on your intake manifold. You have high velocity air passing an orifice that creates the vacuum the stacks could be doing the same thing which would pull air away from the carbs. have you tried pointing them forward slightly or putting an cup like piece of sheet metal on the back of each stack?

1971 - Chevelle 408 SBC N/A
6.86@102.5 MPH 1/8mi
10.78@122 MPH 1/4mi
jimmoffitt

3694.06 points

1932 Austin Maxi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have thought of the cup thing but if my supplyer gets off his ass ill have a scoop on it next run and that will at least solve the air problem. i didnt dyno the engine this year and now im having to old school this thing and i only have one more day of testing before the summit season opener. you are correct though i also believe it is siphoning
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: