Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

ULTRASONIC CLEANING BATH

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JavaJeep-INDONESIA

2665.12 points

1944 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: ULTRASONIC CLEANING BATH Reply with quote

I was given a japanese made ultrasonic cleaning bath when a Japanese electronics plant closed down here in 2007

The bath is 24 inches x 12 inches wide x 12 inches deep and is 650 watts output. It cost $5,000 when it was purchased in 1997.

I love big corporations when they close down plants , everything goes for peanuts , I bought a package of test gear for resale and the cleaning bath was thrown in as a bonus as they had a deadline to clear out the plant

I've used it on cleaning carburettor components and even a totally rusted set of gears in a T-18a transmission both with good results

So far I have just been using water with Rinso laundry detergent as the cleaning agent , I'm sure I'm missing out on better performance by using the correct cleaning fluid. The bath was used for cleaning circuit birds with a special alcohol based cleaning fluid (which I didn't get the name of as the engineers had all gone) .

What does anybody else use as the cleaning agent for general automotive work and what other uses have you found an ultrasonic bath useful for ?

1944/46 MB/CJ2a FrankenJeep F-134 waterproofed HS6 SU carb MSD5 ignition, T90 + Warn overdrive, D18, D25 Lock Right , D44 Detroit Locker , 32"x15" Simex Extreme Trekkers , Warn 8274, full jungle fit out

Now getting a 350 Chev and a unique suspension set up using Boeing 727 undercarriage components
FRITODAVE

5170.64 points

1969 Plymouth Barracuda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I own a machine shop, we still use harsh skin melting chemicals. They are not as good as they use to be. In the past if you got parts dip on your hand, your skin would start to degrade before you could get to water. Now you almost have enough time to smoke a cigarette before getting to the water. "Gunk" is readily available and is an excellent degreaser. I prefer that over anything else when it comes to cleaning freshly honed cylinders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: