Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

turbo drain line ?????????????????
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
10sec.et

346624.78 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well............... is it running yet ???????????

jeffeverly

1181.50 points

1992 Chevrolet S10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its running, runs good, carries good oil pressure,etc i took it for a blast down the road, i have the boost set at 5psi. just cruzin speed about 45mph the boost shows 3psi or so its taching 2600rpm now at 55 mph its like a whole nother story. it comes to life its 5psi or so taching 3300rpms we're at full boost i punched it (the gas pedal) broke side ways i was in second gear hit third about 5800rpms truck broke sideways again.
all this stuff is new to me i have never had a this much hp i mean had alot s10s with v8s but this thing broke traction in second gear at 45mph my dad took ride he drove he really was impressed for a low buck build.
i still have to do some tuning on jetting on the carb im running really rich. i have a cheap air/fuel gauge from sunpro my pop said it takes time to get all the bugs right. he said its better to to run rich than lean
im going to get a jet kit this week. i have homemade water and alky injection on it i have it coming on at 3psi i think its working great. im going to turn the boost up a little. my pop said with turbo i got the sky the limit on boost but my motor built pretty good forged piston etc. my pop said he would max out about 8 psi for now he said with water injection i be safe.
im really impressed with this setup i built myself i really enjoyed ALL GUYS HELP threw this build
i got buddy has with a camcorder i shoot a video for you guys to show it running etc im still old school i use dail up internet
so it be awhle till i get it up
thanks guys i keep in with the updates
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!!! Glad to hear some good results. Keep the updates coming. Clay
10sec.et

346624.78 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clay wrote:
Excellent!!! Glad to hear some good results. Keep the updates coming. Clay

X2. Cheers

at 5psi that Holset isnt even trying. those things REALLY come to life at higher boost (15-20).

jeffeverly

1181.50 points

1992 Chevrolet S10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my jet kit today from local speed shop(RACEWORLD)Todd's the owner he great guy if need something he can get most stuff next day he goes threw summit he has some kind of account their businees i like
anyway
i changed the jets im running a 71 in front and a 86 in the rear i was running 80 in front 102 in rear. pops says way to big of jets
with a 71 ,86 its running a close to middle on the air/fuel gauge which my pops says really good, i think my squirters are to big running a 31 in front 34 in rear, i do have 50cc pump in front and a 50cc pump in rear, at dead idle punch the gas it does not bog or anything but at 55mph you punch it bogs for a milly second but think its the turbo
my carb is a 700cfm mechanical secs. with all the blowthrew stuff
later on iwant get a proform main body and proform throttle plate
but fr now im pretty happy the way it is
my friend has one of those GTECH things that does 1/4 mile ,g's
60 foot time, horsepower ratings
he says pretty close he has a 78 mutang II will 302 he take it to a rear dyno place upstate got 285rwhp the GTECH said he had 303rwhp which i think really close.GTECH SAYS HE RAN 12.30 HE RAN A 12.89 IN 1/4
WELL GUYS I KEEP POSTED LATER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Forced Induction All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: