Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

newer fuel injected V8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Mopar - Small Block
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: newer fuel injected V8 Reply with quote

My son (cshack) found an engine & drug home. It's what appears to be a fairly new mopar V8. It has an intake that looks like a LS1 gm (plastic with crossovers & a place for a throttle body). but has the mopar symbol & 4.3 or 4.6 cast in it. what does he have? is it good for any thing?
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: newer fuel injected V8 Reply with quote

other than re-selling it, its probably useless without the PCM and harness to go with it. can you post some pics of it ?

TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see about the picts. I just was reminded that a valve cover & the oil pan are missing. He found it sitting in a field & hauled the pos home. I told him he'll might get stuck with fees to dump it, now. Rolling Eyes Sad
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSHACK wrote:
He found it sitting in a field & hauled the pos home. I told him he'll might get stuck with fees to dump it, now. Rolling Eyes Sad

if someone just dumped a late model engine in a field, theres a good chance the vehicle it came out of was stolen.

TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10sec.et wrote:
TSHACK wrote:
He found it sitting in a field & hauled the pos home. I told him he'll might get stuck with fees to dump it, now. Rolling Eyes Sad

if someone just dumped a late model engine in a field, theres a good chance the vehicle it came out of was stolen.

that or it's broken beyond repair.I told them that, He still went & picked it up. At least it not at my place.

TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked oh my god Exclamation did I raise a pack rat! Laughing Laughing Laughing
MufflerBearings69

25364.28 points

1968 Ford Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno what level of mechanics he is at, but I know when I was 15 or so I would drag home all sorts of blown up engines and transmissions to explore in...

I figured why risk ruining a good engine by digging around in it... If its already blown apart and free I cant lose. Sure enough one of those old blocks and a grenaded C6 shell came in handy setting my car up...

If he is way beyond that, then he may find a market for some of the remaining parts on good old eBay?
TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MufflerBearings69 wrote:
I dunno what level of mechanics he is at, but I know when I was 15 or so I would drag home all sorts of blown up engines and transmissions to explore in...

I figured why risk ruining a good engine by digging around in it... If its already blown apart and free I cant lose. Sure enough one of those old blocks and a grenaded C6 shell came in handy setting my car up...

If he is way beyond that, then he may find a market for some of the remaining parts on good old eBay?

Good point on helping the learning curve & great Idea on selling the parts off, I'll let him know about that one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Mopar - Small Block All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: