Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Lets have some fun
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knarley Darley

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squeezer didn't you pick up a C-3? You must be a glutton for punishment as everything is tight, and harder to work on, but they are the coolest looking IMHO. I forgot to mention I will be installing a 250 horse plate on the 498. Not as exotic as a turbo, but it will be pretty fast, and fun.
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exotic is overrated. i have learned that turbos are very time consuming. some days, i wish i still had nitrous on the car.

Knarley Darley

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The engine is in, but not running yet. I put a Holley 110 gph mechanical fuel pump on it, and hopefully it will be big enough. I used energy suspension motor mounts that did not fit over the frame, and were a major pain to get them to work, and the bolt holes to line up finally! What is your opinion of the strength of these motor mounts? Are they unbreakable? Anyway that is why I used them. I have the steering pump, and alt. mounted, but the crank, and water pump pulleys are wrong. They are supposed to be deep groove, and the crank is a double while the water pump has to be a triple if you have air cond. which I do. Everything is so tight my hands and wrists are way more hammered than normal, and I have been wrenching on cars professionally for almost 30 years. Anyway I need to get it to start up and drive so I can get it out of my shop, and into the garage. Also I replaced the dinky little shift shaft seal on the automatic trans, and it still leaks, really annoying, and hard to change because again everything is so tight there is no room to get to it. Anyway just an update/rant I guess.
Knarley Darley

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its alive. I drove it today un corked because I had to cut off the small block collectors to clear the BB manifolds. Corvettes with big blocks used those cast iron header looking things, so the exhaust is not connected yet. Anyway it has a small 600 cfm carb that I bolted on because it runs, and I had it laying around. The car has 308 gears, and when I got on it from a roll, it felt like a 250 2 stroke. It came on pretty hard at first, and then at about 35 MPH the tires spun and the car started to get sideways, and the engine RPM went to the moon. It has perfect oil pressure, 55-60 cold, and 35 idling in gear hot with 5-30 synthetic oil. I am going to snag a couple of down pipes from flo master, and I have a 850 carb that I need to freshen, and then I can dial it in. At least it runs, and moves under its own power now.
Big Dave

119973.02 points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. I'm sure it is much more fun to drive than push around the shop.

Big Dave
Knarley Darley

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir.
Knarley Darley

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone I just wanted to update a old thread. The 69 Vette is running good with the stroker BB in it. I couldn't get it to idle right so I put the pro fuel 950 cfm carb on it with all the features. It has really good street manners. The cam is a hydraulic roller 238@.050 intake, and 242@.050 exhaust with .610 lift. I used Scorpion rockers because they are U.S. made and low profile to clear the factory chrome valve covers with thicker gaskets.
Flowmaster redid the exhaust system for the BB and used it as a pattern car again. It needs bigger exhaust in my opinion, but it is pretty fast feeling even though I have not had it to the track yet.
The gears are 308s in the rear with a t-400 so it drives at a reasonable rpm on the freeway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: