Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

OBD1 Tuning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MufflerBearings69

25364.28 points

1968 Ford Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: OBD1 Tuning Reply with quote

Anyone on here dealt with any OBD1 mustang tuning?

I am finding the twEECer to be the only unit that is reasonably priced to work with... and I am only shying away from having a chip burnt as the local guy who works with superchips seems to feel my 5.0 is a waste of time and I don't think he is going to put much effort into it (so I will have a wasted 550 bucks!)

So I figured I would ask on here Very Happy
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I have played with is a SpeedBrain. It came in the Mustang I bought for my wife, and I took it out and put everything mostly back to stock. I didn't really like the SpeedBrain, it had a few quirks. I'm sort of in the same boat as you though, I have some mods planned that really will require some custom tuning and I really hate to be locked into a "chip", much rather have something I can change. If you have a 94 or 95 Mustang, I still have the SpeedBrain if you want to make an offer - any offer - I have no use for it. Keep in mind, the company went out of business and there is basically no support that I can find for it. However if you just wanted to play with something, it might be worth it to you. From what I have read, the TwEECer does sound like a pretty good deal for the level of mods I have planned. Clay
MufflerBearings69

25364.28 points

1968 Ford Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh I see... well if I can find enough info to get an idea how to toy with it I would certainly be interested, as I have a 95 GT Very Happy
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is with it, books, software, cables, etc. Clay
hotrodfonze

125.86 points

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check this out!
url=http://www.moates.net/
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65093.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Tuner Pro. It's a free tuning package. I haven't heard anything about it and I found it when looking to convert my boat to EFI. They say it supports EECIV ford BIN files. You'll need a PROM burner but I'd look into Pocket ROMulator.

I challenge you to push yourself.
MufflerBearings69

25364.28 points

1968 Ford Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is so much to be learned on this stuff, and I cant seem to wrap my head around a lot of it...

Where is the basic info this is all based off of? Like, knowing what all of these numbers mean about this type of port and that type of port...

I really want to learn this stuff because the "tuners" around here wont do a damn thing with the auto trans, and most dont even want to tune OBD1, as OBD2 pays more for nearly no work... Find a similar setup on the database and fine-tune it if they even do that...

EECIV is going to be my second language soon
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65093.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean about different ports.

I attached an Accel training manual for their old fuel injection. It's a good read but may not be applicable to your application. Hope it's helpful.

EMIC.pdf
 Description:
Accel Training Manual

Download
 Filename:  EMIC.pdf
 Filesize:  408 KB
 Downloaded:  3771 Time(s)

I challenge you to push yourself.
MufflerBearings69

25364.28 points

1968 Ford Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was a few of the vendor sites that dont particularly sort their parts by application... All I really need to be concerned about is the EECIV stuff but they had it all mixed in with GM stuff and import parts etc etc... Hard to navigate site confused me for a minute basically

Thanks for attaching that Very Happy I like to read most everything I can get my hands on... Whether it directly applies to what I am doing or not, there is bound to be something useful in there!
MufflerBearings69

25364.28 points

1968 Ford Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a lot has been learned in a week since getting a chip burner and my LM-2 but I think I need to learn how to better isolate whats going on so I can make more effective changes if that makes sense... I will likely get it on the dyno when money allows but that may be a little while.

The Moates stuff is how I went for hardware, and now tuning software is my issue- a lot of it sucks to work with!

I did, however, find that removing the smog pump and egr are incredibly minor changes- just changing 2 settings in the chip and done!

TunerPro is downloading as I type this- going to see how it works for me Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Ford - Mustang All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: