Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Went to the track today!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poormansvette

100.00 points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Went to the track today! Reply with quote

My reaction times stunk, it's been about 18years since I raced. The first 2 times were with the Hypertech chip in 16.098 and 86.24,16.038 and86.21 3rd 15.979 and 87.00,4th I red lighted,5th 16.021 and 84.42,6th 15.966 and 85.24,7th I red lighted, 8th 15.968 and 85.54. My best reaction time was +.169. I got to get more power out of this before I hook up the NOS. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2x4

2189.72 points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look like 3rd gen Camaro 305 numbers! Shocked The good thing is that you had fun! Always good to have a baseline to start with.
jeep_406

53158.50 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Poormansvette,

If you're running for fun I wouldn't worry about reaction time. Work on getting used to the car and getting it consistent. Not only do you have to get used to the tree you also have to find out how much time it takes for your car to react.
Keep a log of your runs including track conditions. Write down if shifting at a Higher or Lower RPM made any difference. Try changing the RPM you launch at until you get the best 60 foot time. Believe what it says on the time slip. If it's going faster or quicker keep going in that direction until it slows down.
As far as the tree is concerned. At the bottom right of the page click on Reaction Timer and follow the instructions.
In the real world at the line, concentration is so important. Get into a routine that you ALWAYS do as you come out of the waterbox and approach the tree. NEVER deviate from it. And once you are staged look only at the tree. Unless the starter steps forward to tell you to shut it off There is no one else on the planet at that moment. . . just you and the tree. Not the guy in the other lane. . . NOTHING!!!
Poormansvette

100.00 points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Going Back To The Track Tommorrow Reply with quote

Well I've done some fine tuning and I'm going back tommorrow. We put a set of colder plugs,8.5mm Msd wires,Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator,Tranny Cooler, TPS enhancer. I reset my timing on my MSD Controller. Still no chip see if I can chop 1 second off my time. Im going to launch it different this time and lower the tire pressure. We will see !!!!!!!!!
Poormansvette

100.00 points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scracthed going to the track this weekend. I had a small problem Friday nite on the way home the left front caliper froze in the out position and fried everything and the grease caught fire on the suspension. Thank God for fire exstiguishers
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65149.84 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate when that happens...hope everything is ok.

I challenge you to push yourself.
Poormansvette

100.00 points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah everything worked out ok,just the whole weekend was shot servicing the car new calapiers,brakes,wheel cylinders,rotors. Dont want that to happen again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: