Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Old School Marvin Miller system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Old School Marvin Miller system Reply with quote

I have a chance to pick up an old / new marvin miller 150 Hp system for cheap. Around $150.00. It's never been installed, some of it's still in the plastic sealed card . I know the bottles out of date, (79 stamp), the solinoids still have caps on both end. Do you folks think it's worth it. It would be my first system. It will go on my 350
(it's a high nickel 4 bolt block, w/ ported 300hp, 350 heads, forged flat top pistons, forged chevy crank.) The engine getting pulled & will be at least freshend up if not a full O/H. I'm also thinking of going to vortec heads, as a couple of local shops say they'll out flow my current 446 castings.
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the only thing I can think of happening is deteriation of the seats in the solenoids which is a real possibility. It all depends on what material they used - rubber I would leave them alone since you are going to need a rebuild kit eventually - teflon they will probably last forever. This is mainly the nitrous solenoid I'm talking about as my experiece has been that the fuel solenoind is very reliable. If you have to buy a new nitrous solenoid, it pretty much becomes not a good deal since you can find used systems for that price. One more thing, you will probably have to pay for a bottle inspection before anybody will fill it - I would call a shop and ask them about that one. Clay
TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on a hydrostatic test on the bottle if I picked it up, that runs $25 - $35 bucks.
What would a new carb plate run, roughly the type with changable jets? I would need a spread bore type because of my carb shop Qjet. any one know what kind of noid seats M.M. used. around 1980. I've tried to contact his shop, but thay seem to be closed. Idea Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Nitrous Oxide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: