Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

newbie from Missouri

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRANS03

621.86 points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: newbie from Missouri Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Dave and I'm a newbie. Of all my projects my 86 Corvette is my favorite. Many others have come and gone with the Corvette patiently waiting in storage. I've owned it since 92 and was trying to "restore" it while using it for a daily driver. 2 years and 40k miles later I gave up and parked it. Last month it was finally complete enough to licence and drive Very Happy 13 years! It has a 9.8:1 409 C.I (.040 over 400) small block with massaged #186 heads, mild cam, 1.6 roller rockers, ported TPI intake,runners and plenumn,36# injectors and hypertech coil. The trans is still the original 700R4 (130k miles!) with a 2600 stall converter.(I'm a tranny guy by trade and I've got all kinds of cool parts and tricks for the new one if the original would just fail!) The rear was converted to the 8.5 in. from a stick car with a new posi and 3.90 gears. All the body work and paint are finished, and I just have a few interior pieces left to get

I saw BIGDAVE's Corvette story, and now I laugh every time squeeze into mine. BIGDAVE, I don't know how big you are, but I think I can relate. I'm 6'4 360lbs. (picture a circus bear in a festiva) But once I'm in there, I'm grinn'n ear to ear. and sweating some
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Corvette All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: