Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

a/c help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Ford - Small Block
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FORDFAN006

1084.64 points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: a/c help Reply with quote

1994 mercury sable wagon. 3.8 engine.....just bought,ac has refrig. in it.try to charge compressor would not come on.refig, was going in fine.car is running.bypassed low refrig swith, comp. comes on but not cooling and gauge says no pressure. any ideas for the first thing to do... thanks
af2

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: a/c help Reply with quote

FORDFAN006 wrote:
1994 mercury sable wagon. 3.8 engine.....just bought,ac has refrig. in it.try to charge compressor would not come on.refig, was going in fine.car is running.bypassed low refrig swith, comp. comes on but not cooling and gauge says no pressure. any ideas for the first thing to do... thanks

I am trying to stay with you but can't comprehend. I can help you if I get what you are saying. Smile
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: a/c help Reply with quote

FORDFAN006 wrote:
any ideas for the first thing to do

put a set of gauges on it and tell us the readings. 134a or R12 ?

FORDFAN006

1084.64 points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK..the system is 134a.only gauges i have with me is the one that came with the kit of refrig.i am replacing the low level swith in top of the accumalater today. will check back after lunch for any suggestion with out gauges, will have the gauges tomorrow....thanks
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you cant tell anything without high & low side readings. its all guesswork without gauges. just a few ounces overcharge and the high pressure switch will turn off the compressor. undercharged and the compressor short cycles.

af2

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10sec.et wrote:
you cant tell anything without high & low side readings. its all guesswork without gauges. just a few ounces overcharge and the high pressure switch will turn off the compressor. undercharged and the compressor short cycles.

There is no such thing as guess work when dealing with refrigeration. You need gauges and a good thermometer. Over charging is the worst thing you can do to any compressor. Even worse is having non condensables present which will send the high side into blow up mode!
You better have a vacuum pump when you open any system or you will have non condensable gas (air) present.

It has amazed me that anyone can buy 134 but I have to show my universal licence to buy 12, 22, r401,r410, r401a and so on! So 134 spill the stuff and we will all be blamed for global screwing!!!!!!!!!!
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

af2 wrote:
It has amazed me that anyone can buy 134 but I have to show my universal licence to buy 12, 22, r401,r410, r401a and so on! So 134 spill the stuff and we will all be blamed for global screwing!!!!!!!!!!

its because 134 is good and all the others are evil. didnt you notice that the concern about the hole in the ozone suddenly went away when the automobiles were switched over to the "enviro-friendly" 134a Bull Sh!t Bull Sh!t Bull Sh!t Bull Sh!t Bull Sh!t Bull Sh!t

af2

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10sec.et wrote:
af2 wrote:

its because 134 is good and all the others are evil. didnt you notice that the concern about the hole in the ozone suddenly went away when the automobiles were switched over to the "enviro-friendly" 134a Bull Sh!t Bull Sh!t Bull Sh!t Bull Sh!t Bull Sh!t Bull Sh!t

You mean it moved! Rolling Eyes It will be back in 08' and everyone will fry or dye with POG. Laughing Laughing
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

af2 wrote:
10sec.et wrote:
af2 wrote:

You mean it moved! Rolling Eyes It will be back in 08' and everyone will fry or dye with POG. Laughing Laughing

POG ???? Propaganda Of Gore ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Ford - Small Block All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: