Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Finished Dad's truck and first outing.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Finished Dad's truck and first outing. Reply with quote

Got Dad's truck finished a few weeks ago and this is the first real outing we have taken it to. This weekend we are at the Great Smoky Mountains F100 show. We drove it here through the mountains and had a ball. No issues and it got somewhere between 19 and 20 mpg. It's hard to be exact beacause we still have some filler neck issues to work out that make it hard to fill it exactly the same each time. Weather is great so far and we'll leave tomorrow morning. Clay

Big Dave

119973.02 points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame to cover up all that craftsmanship in your frame, suspension, and power train with that flawless craftsmanship in the body and interior.

Looks fantastic! Congratulations.

Big Dave
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some more photos of our trip.

We left Pigeon Forge and went down 441 through the mountains. We went through Gatlinburg, Cherokee, and Maggie Valley. It's been a long time since I've been in the Smokey Mountains and the scenery is incredible. On the way up we stopped at the Bush's baked bean factory. They have a walk through tour - not inside the factory but still neat. Also a restaurant that's pretty good. Truck ran beautiful and it was a real pleasure to drive. It was cool in the mountains and that was a nice change. We didn't have to run the A/C until Clinton, SC after a gas / lunch stop. The trip was almost wiped out in the beginning. About 50 miles after we left home a small deer ran across the interstate in front of us. I thought it made it all the way across. My buddy riding with me said he got caught in the catch cables in the median and turned around and ran out in front of his uncle that was following us. He ran over it and it didn't cause much damage - just a slightly bent bumper. After the show Dad got to hang out with some of the guys from the FTE (Ford truck enthusiast) site and throughly enjoyed it. They had of course been following the build on there and they liked seeing it finished. On the flip side it was cool to see some of the other trucks from the other members and to put faces with names. Clay

William Jones

28541.86 points

1971 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truck came out awesome Clay you guys did a great job.

Bam

92 LX 454ci Clevor 9.24@142.53 N/A
71 Mach1 454ci Clevor 10.16@134 N/A 3850lbs race weight "Lost in fire"
03 Cobra Bone stock 12.42
68 Falcon 363ci 10.55@126 N/A
95 GT 363ci 11.08@118 N/A
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats awesome Cool Cheers . i love practical builds you can actually drive. i like the mod motor swap the best. for some reason, no one does that. its always the same old SBC or SBF. we have a 64 Lincoln in the shop that i was trying to get them to put a Ford V10 in but its just going to get a blah stroked SBF Rolling Eyes . my next suggestion was a Powerstroke Twisted Evil .........they didnt like that idea either Confused Laughing .

Knarley Darley

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay that thing turned out awesome, and it seemed to go together reasonably fast for how big of a project it was. I love the color. Just curious, will it spin the tires with that engine? What is the cruise RPM at freeway speed?
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to say it'll light 'em up - or better yet, Smokemup, but honestly it might barely turn them over if you brake lock it on the right road. Being a 95 that was before the PI heads and intake - but you hear that about Mustangs so I don't know if the Thunderbird engine applies too. The intake is different than a Mustang so I would have to change the air cleaner setup if we ever changed. Don't know about cruise rpm - it's the same as the 95 Thunderbird. I would guess in the 2000 - 2500 at 70 range. We don't have a tach but I can plug in the scan tool and check it because since you mentioned it I'm curious too. It's pretty peppy but once you get up to speed and in the mountains, it could use some more power, honestly though, Dads happy with it and that is all that matters so I don't see any engine mods in the future. I'd like to see what the cd is on this thing as I'm thinking it has to be horrible. We spent about 5 years on it from start to finish. We could have finished sooner but we worked on it when it was enjoyable and convenient. Thanks for the compliments guys. Clay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: