Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Building a 350 for a friend and had cam questions.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 2 LT1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAKEJR

1003.14 points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMOKEmUP wrote:
You have to respect what 96capriceMGR has done with his car. 4150 lbs, stock displacement, stock bottom end, relatively mild cam that runs 11s normally aspirated.

Actually, I feel you're comparing two completely different things; like apples and oranges.

How quickly someone can get his car to run is no excuse for discourteous personal attacks.

I regularly post on several different boards and one thing they have in common is none of them allow personal attacks, the Moderators see to that.

We can disagree on any given issue but personal attacks are strickly forbidden.

First I was considered to be too young to know what I was talking about then, after I posted my actual age and engine experience, the story changed. I was then too old and hadn't remained abreast of FI engines. These are personal.

There is one member on the Corvette Forum who constantly does much the same thing, responds to the posts of others in a very abrasive way and provokes very heated exchanges, which turn personal. These exchanges actually serve no beneficial purpose and only serve to alienate one member from another.

This type of thing began to occur so often that the Moderator had to threaten to terminate his membership.

Anyway, as I posted before, we all can have disagreements and disputes, I don't have a problem with that. In fact, I may well learn something new during the exchange. Yet, I always try to remain respectful of the views of others and I expect others to have the same respect for me and mine.

The one guy on the Corvette Forum is enough for my to have to deal with, I certainly don't want another one.

I try to compose my posts in a matter that is not offensive to anyone. I only try to help, but if this type of negative personal attack continues, I'll have no choice but to discontinue trying to contribute to this forum.

I hope I've been able to accurately convey my feelings in this matter. I sincerely hope there's no recurrence.

Jake
10sec.et

346624.78 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake, ya worry too much. consider this an isolated incident. the bashing and $hit storms are VERY minimal here. sometimes to the point of being BORING. if you stay here long enough you will find that those who are intentionally offensive are grossly in the minority. dont sweat the small $hit !!!

JAKEJR

1003.14 points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10sec.et wrote:
Jake, ya worry too much. consider this an isolated incident. the bashing and $hit storms are VERY minimal here. sometimes to the point of being BORING. if you stay here long enough you will find that those who are intentionally offensive are grossly in the minority. dont sweat the small $hit !!!

Thanks for that.

I just received a PM along the same lines. As I said in my PM response I'll wait to see how this all washes out.

I'm into helping, not stress causing back-and-forths; I'm BIG on stress reduction. LOL

I'd be the first to admit that I don't know EVERYTHING, but if any of you feel I can help, PLEASE feel free to email me - jcameron266@sbcglobal.net - or PM me and I'll do the best I can to help.

He**, I've made so many bone-head mistakes over the years I can probably reach back into my "Bag of Mistakes" and find something that'll help you find the cause of your problem. Failing that, I can probably point you in the direction of someone who can.

Here's an example: On another Forum, a LT1 owner is having all sorts of problems getting spark to his plugs. I advised him not to just Throw Parts at the problem, as so many do, but to diagnose first, buy needed parts second. He narrowed the cause down to either his Opti or PCM.

After trying to help him solve his problem by posting on the Forum, with no success, I offered to mail him a spare PCM I have, which worked perfectly on my LT1 when I removed it a few weeks ago, (I bought another re-burned PCM and wanted to keep my original as a spare). I'm going to ship it to him for him to try in an effort to eliminate the PCM as the cause. All I asked that he cover the shipping costs but, if he couldn't, I'd cover that too.

My thinking, why should he have to buy a PCM only to find it didn't solve his problem. I've got a spare boxed up, so if he wanted to use it, why not? That's what we're about, helping each other, Right?

So, I'll wait to see how this turns out.

Thanks again,

Jake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 2 LT1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: