Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

So For The record....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen3 LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
87calais

5692.14 points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: So For The record.... Reply with quote

So I started this Lsx swap like two years ago, and thanks to budget / time constraints it's still not done, but it's getting there. The good news is, as of right now, the engine is bolted to the frame, and there are headers installed !!!! Turns out that with the engine swap mounts jeg's has, no heater core, and Pace Setter long tubes, everything bolts right in, and there's only one tube that needs to be lightly massaged, as it slightly rubs the frame... ANd I really hate Rattles. I'm So Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy No the only problem is it says 6.0 on the front of the block... so I can't say it's a 4.8... Embarassed Oh well.
Anyone wanna hazard a guess at hp?
It's 6.09 ish liters, 8.6~8.8:1 compression ( I really thought I was gonna do boost, maybe in the future),
Slightly ported out stock 317 casting heads ( ls-6 port design... )
405 hp ls-6 cam, Fast Intake manifold,
Long TUbes ( big mofo's at that), ANd of course, quite possibly the least restrictive exhaust and intake in the world ( I haven't figured them out yet... but i'll make sure it doesnt hamper much)

SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65093.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*********Moved to LSx Engines *************

My guesses:
Manual 375 HP to the wheels.
Auto 350 HP to the wheels.
87calais

5692.14 points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so Kind of you to move it.. I was slightly unsure of where to put it...... It is a 6 speed, so that's about what I was hoping for, nice to see someone else thinks along those lines.. Now if only I can get the weight down to 3200 or less with me in it, I'll be a good challenge to Vettes... that'd put me at around 120 mph trapspeed according to auto math...
Anyway, thanks for the input!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen3 LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: