Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

1988 mustang gt drag slick size

View previous topic :: View next topic  
88stanggt

178.94 points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: 1988 mustang gt drag slick size Reply with quote

I have a 88 mustang gt convertable with the factory body kit/ground effects and I was wondering if anyone has ever put slicks on a car like this with a body kit. every stang I see with slicks either has the old style no ground effects or only has the front body kit with the fog lights. If any one knows what size will fit w/o major modifacation please let me know as I am eager to get in the 13's, also wheel size will help me because I am new to this
William Jones

28640.90 points

1971 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: wheel size Reply with quote

You will need 15x8 or 15x9 with 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 inch back spacing and 26x8 1/2 or 26x10 M/T. One of these combo should work great if you are only trying for 13's then go with the smaller rim and tire combo. You will be faster if you can get the same bite with the small tire (less weight to move). Most mustangs you see are running 28" tires and thats wear you start to get interference with the ground effects. Later Bam

92 LX 454ci Clevor 9.24@142.53 N/A
71 Mach1 454ci Clevor 10.16@134 N/A 3850lbs race weight "Lost in fire"
03 Cobra Bone stock 12.42
68 Falcon 363ci 10.55@126 N/A
95 GT 363ci 11.08@118 N/A
88stanggt

178.94 points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: slicks mustang Reply with quote

thanks for the info, I ran into a problem today, I just replaced the ignition coil and I dont know if it was the 3.73 gears and a hot day on the hwy but it keeped dying on me when hitting traffic jams. this is the only car I know to run better when drivin fast, next in line will be new plugs wires and better ingn module and timing. But I will find some slick later and see what happens. I took my convert out for the first time at the track and ran 14.98 then took off the stock air filter/box at thrtl bdy and ran 14.93 woohoo 5 tenths hot air . around 90mph reminding me of back to the future" lets see if these basterds can do 90!" also made the mistake of doing a burn out on cooper street tires, not even drag radials. stock is around 15 flat I belive w hatch? I should invest in erly lx ntchbck dja get that
refrnce
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: