Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Price Reduced Must Sell 80 Tube Chassis Fiberglass Camaro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffejoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Price Reduced Must Sell 80 Tube Chassis Fiberglass Camaro Reply with quote

Last Chance!!!

This will be the final time I reduce the price of this car. Someone is going to get a real bargain. If this car does not sell in the next 4 weeks I will keep it and race it myself this year!

Original Price $16,000
First Reduction $14,000
Final Reduction $12,000

This is a turn key car. All it needs is paint, or you could take it home and race it tonight just like it is.

1980 tube chassis Camaro with square tube frame rails. Car has fiberglass Harwood hood, fiberglass front clip, fiberglass doors and lexan windows. It has a ladder bar rear suspension with coil over shocks and a Ford 9inch. Rear end has a 4.88 gear, full spool and 35 spline Mosier axles. Slicks are M/T 32x14.5x15 with 107" rollout. Has Chassis Engineering coil over struts up front with a Wilwood dual piston braking system and brand new front tires. Has a chassis engineering rack and pinion. Has Holley Blue fuel pump and steel braided 10an fuel line from pump to regulator. Also has new aluminum radiator and fan. I am in the process of preping the body for paint and have got the bug for a Dragster.

It currently has a 360 cubic inch SBC that has about 685 flywheel horsepower and a Turbo 350 with 5,000 stall convertor, reverse manual shift pattern and transbrake. This combination was in a identical all steel Camaro that weighed 2900lbs and did a best of 10.74 at 127mph. I would consider a trade for a dragster if you have the right stuff.

Here is more detail on the engine. 010 4 bolt main block. Steel ARP Rods with hypernetic Sealed Power pistons and .250 dome with 15 to 1 compression. Mildon 7 qt oil pan with crank scraper, Comp Cam dry belt timing system, and comp cam solid roller cam with .650 lift. Dart heads with 49cc chambers and 230cc runners, 2.05 intake valves and 1.60 exhaust valves, roller rockers on 7/16 screw in studs with stud girdles. Performance plus open plenum intake that has been port matched to heads. Holley 750 double pumper with pro form center section. MSD billet distributor with MSD 6AL box and 2 step system. Engine has 1 full season since being freshened and is very strong. I leave the line at 4,800rpm and shift at 7,800rpm. Transmission is fresh and has 0 passes on it. Has 3 horsepower gear reduction starter and brand new dual batteries. Also had brand new Headman Headers with 2" tubes and 4" collectors custom built for this car.

If you have any other questions feel free to call me at home or work. The car does need paint.

I am located in Bethany Missouri 1 hour north of Kansas City MO and 1 hour south of Des Moines Iowa.

Thanks
Jeff Ellis

Day Phone (800) 253-2568
Evening Phone (660) 425-3231
Day E-mail: sales@pettijohnauto.com
Evening E-mail: jjellis@grundyec.net

All questions will be answer promptly!

http://www.jeffellis.org/camaro/floor.JPG
http://www.jeffellis.org/camaro/leftfront.JPG
http://www.jeffellis.org/camaro/engleft.JPG
jeffejoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: 80 Camaro No longer for Sale Reply with quote

Sorry Folks!!! You missed your opportunity to get the bargain of a lifetime. The car is no longer for sale. I have not recieved any valid offers on the car and the racing season is fast approaching. Being the "Drag Racing Addict" that I am I decided to keep it so that I have something to take to the track this season.

Thanks
Jeff
jeffejoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: New Pics of car coming soon! Reply with quote

For those of you interested that have looked at my ad. I am painting the car tonight. I will be taking some photos after I am done and posting them to the site ASAP. If not tonight (Thursday 03/09) tomorrow.

Keep your eyes open for the pics smoke. They will be good I promise.

Thanks
Jeff
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New Pics of car coming soon! Reply with quote

jeffejoy wrote:
For those of you interested that have looked at my ad. I am painting the car tonight. I will be taking some photos after I am done and posting them to the site ASAP. If not tonight (Thursday 03/09) tomorrow.

Keep your eyes open for the pics smoke. They will be good I promise.

Thanks
Jeff

Sounds good. I'll be checking to see how it turns out. What color will it be? Are you staying with red?
jeffejoy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: New color Reply with quote

It is now Corvette Torch Red. I am taking it to a buddy to get a 4 wheel alignment today. Unfortunately last night after taking it out of the paint room I was driving the car around the parking lot of my employer trying to clean up the fouled plugs and it suddenly died. I have no ignition fire now. I have rewired every inch of this car myself so I feel confident that it is nothing major, I have either lost ground or blew a fuse. It was dark so I have not fixed it yet. Needless to say the pictures may take until Saturday now. I am sure I will have it running again today.

Thanks
Jeff
jeffejoy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Pictures as promised!!! Reply with quote

Smoke,

Here are the pictures as promised. I will be taking her to Kansas City on Sunday March 26 to get the chassis certified and drive for my NHRA license. I wieghed the car today iit weighs 2,400lbs. Not as light as I had hoped but still very light.

Remember this view! It is all you see when racing me!

Jeff
nwcc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turned out really nice.

I hope my Nova project turns out as nice and as lite
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE JOB! Looks very good.
85GMCstreetbeast

1985 Chevrolet GMC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG That turned out BADASS man I cant belive how hot that car looks. Is that the color that the C5's used to run?
jeffejoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Corvette Torch Red Reply with quote

I believe you are right. I looked the color up at the dealership where I work.

Jeff
af2

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool car!!!!! Glad to see you kept it!!! Adam
Smokin71RSSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that looks great. I know you wanted a dragster but you should have fun door slamming for another season.
af2

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokin71RSSS wrote:
Man that looks great. I know you wanted a dragster but you should have fun door slamming for another season.

Nothin like seein a door car blow off a dragster. Adam
jeffejoy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: First pass down the strip! Reply with quote

Made my NHRA lisence run last Sunday. My slicks did not work as good as they should have. I will be putting on a new set this weekend. Plus I need to do some more adjustment to the chassis the car pulled right off the line. Fastest pass was 10.74 sec. at 127mph. Here is a link to the video of my first pass. It is a very large file, 32meg. You need Quick Time video player to watch.

www.jeffellis.org/kcirrace.mov

Cool Enjoy Cool
Jeff Ellis
af2

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: First pass down the strip! Reply with quote

jeffejoy wrote:
Made my NHRA lisence run last Sunday. My slicks did not work as good as they should have. I will be putting on a new set this weekend. Plus I need to do some more adjustment to the chassis the car pulled right off the line. Fastest pass was 10.74 sec. at 127mph. Here is a link to the video of my first pass. It is a very large file, 32meg. You need Quick Time video player to watch.

www.jeffellis.org/kcirrace.mov

Cool Enjoy Cool
Jeff Ellis

I checked it out, That looked like a good run. The 60' should be better. The car skating is the problem. It is still a good time regardless. Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: