Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Smoke... Have a thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen3 LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
87calais

5692.14 points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Smoke... Have a thought Reply with quote

Smoke, I know a while ago you were toying around with the thought of ls-6 headds.... but couldn't justify the $:HP ness of them all. But the other day I noticed something that intrigued me while browsing the internet, Dart has there lsx heads out... they're only about $1400 a set.... and the larger ones which are on backorder till october ish, flow upwards of 300 cfm....
Anywho, it's bedtime

SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65093.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Smoke... Have a thought Reply with quote

87calais wrote:
Smoke, I know a while ago you were toying around with the thought of ls-6 headds.... but couldn't justify the $:HP ness of them all. But the other day I noticed something that intrigued me while browsing the internet, Dart has there lsx heads out... they're only about $1400 a set.... and the larger ones which are on backorder till october ish, flow upwards of 300 cfm....
Anywho, it's bedtime

I've seen the ads for them. They look interesting.

My plan for the new one is to put the cam and converter in the car and see how it runs, hopefully this year before the track closes (It's nice to dream). After I do the cam and converter I want to do headers, hi flow cats, with an electric cutout in the I-pipe. Maybe after that I'll consider a set of heads but funds are very tight and I don't think Dart will donate a set of LSx heads to SMOKEmUP.com.
87calais

5692.14 points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true... I here you on the funds thing.... I figure if I might... and this is a big might... be able to swing it IF I make full time at work real soon, and work an extra day each week,
But on the donating thing... e-mail them.... Cool You never know how crazy they might be there at dart.... I mean, they make an ls-x head that isn't $1200 per head...

SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65093.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the heads I have my eye on are the LS7 heads. I know they are very new and swap information is still coming out.
87calais

5692.14 points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real problem with the ls-7 heads are the whole valve size..... 2.2" intake... I doubt that work to well in a small bore like the ls-1, other then that... 360 cfm....mmmmmmm but the new truck heads are supposed to come out, same base as the ls-7, but more for a smaller bore... I'm contemplating waiting for those.... cuz either way I'm running a truck intake
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65093.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big are the valves on the LS7 heads? Will they work on the LS2 block? Scoggin Dickey is selling a 408 short block based on the LS2 block and it's reasonably priced. I wonder how the LS7 heads will work on it?
87calais

5692.14 points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the intake valve on the ls-7 is a full on 2.2".... so... friggen huge, uses the normal 1.6" on the exhaust, but from what I've read, they have the guides spaced differentely, so you would probably have to do a slight notch in the cylinder wall, at least for the intake, in order to not hinder flow. Then all that's left is the offset rocker arms, and intake, which is supposed to be pretty killer, but on a happy note, the intake isn't uber expensive, nothing like the fast, and supposedly flows decently. so, I think either way heads that flow that great are gonna cost a shitload..... Rolling Eyes
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65093.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the price of the dart heads, $640 each from Jegs. These are suppose to flow about 300 @ 0.500 lift. Hmmmm This might change my mind.
87calais

5692.14 points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.... that's a whole lotta flow for not a lotta money.... I say go for it, let us all know how it rolls? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen3 LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: