Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Throttle problems LT1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 2 LT1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Jones

28541.86 points

1971 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Throttle problems LT1 Reply with quote

One of the girls that works with me has 96 Z28 that I work on for her. The car has traction control and the best I can tell it is causing the problem. I rigged it by sticking a pin through the pulleys on the throttle control and cruise control the stepped on the peddle this allows the throttle to open all the way then I unplugged the throtlle electric motor. Of course the traction light is now in the off position and her cruise control don't work. But she can drive it now. Before it wouldn't go past 1500rpm and the traction control light would go on and off. I pulled the pin back out so it is safe to drive but I would like to fix it right for her. There are about 10 things it could be and she is just a airman in the Air Force sationed with me with out alot of money and can't afford to go replacing parts just for thr heck of it. Oh yeah no codes on the computer either. Any ideas don't know alot about LT1's I am a ford guy if you can't tell. Thanks in advance. Later Bam

92 LX 454ci Clevor 9.24@142.53 N/A
71 Mach1 454ci Clevor 10.16@134 N/A 3850lbs race weight "Lost in fire"
03 Cobra Bone stock 12.42
68 Falcon 363ci 10.55@126 N/A
95 GT 363ci 11.08@118 N/A
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65097.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a quick google and came up with this.
http://www.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?s=5587eca9fe9c83b585fb8e11d9291927&t=431159
As the thread says I would start by checking the wheel sensors to see if anything looks funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 2 LT1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: