Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Florida mine disaster

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Dave

120504.72 points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Florida mine disaster Reply with quote

With apologies to the miners, and families of miners of West Virginia, no slight intended.

Looks like there will be no mine shaft this year for Gatornationals. The coldest it has been this "winter" has been 69. Did have ten inches of rain today which means this must be spring. Two weeks from now in Gainesville it will probably be in the 90's. Great for bikinis, bad for prostock.

Big Dave
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in SC it hasn't really been winter either. Even the humidity hasn't gone away. Neither have the mosquitos. I like winter (horsepower in the air), not a real winter like you guys up north have though. Hopefully my local track will open up at the end of February under new ownership. I keep meaning to ride down and look, supposedly everything has been redone - track surface, retaining walls, concession stand, bleachers, bathrooms, and parking areas. Keeping my fingers crossed it's going to be good. Hope everyone gets to race soon. Clay
coppergmc

5857.30 points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay, you could bring that trailer queen down to Georgia. I hear Savannah is up and running. Douglas is pretty good too, if you can find it.
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I could drive it to Savannah Wink . Wouldn't be the most comfotatble ride though, but possible and legal. Clay
William Jones

28638.90 points

1971 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: racing Reply with quote

clay wrote:
Actually I could drive it to Savannah Wink . Wouldn't be the most comfotatble ride though, but possible and legal. Clay

Clay this is probally a little far but our local track South Georgia motorsports has been open since middle of Jan I have raced three days already getting some good times because of the good cool air. We have our first big braket race BTE citgo series this week test and tune on Thur then race Fri - Sun. Great track have been getting to se alot of Pro stock and Pro mod cars testing at our track so far this year.

92 LX 454ci Clevor 9.24@142.53 N/A
71 Mach1 454ci Clevor 10.16@134 N/A 3850lbs race weight "Lost in fire"
03 Cobra Bone stock 12.42
68 Falcon 363ci 10.55@126 N/A
95 GT 363ci 11.08@118 N/A
coppergmc

5857.30 points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones, did I see your Mach 1 in a magazine lately? Seems like maybe it was Carcraft or something.
William Jones

28638.90 points

1971 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Pic in Car Craft Reply with quote

coppergmc wrote:
Jones, did I see your Mach 1 in a magazine lately? Seems like maybe it was Carcraft or something.

Yeah it was in the Feb issue on page 90 I think we also showed up in the Feb issue of fastest street car. Those pics were from the NMCA race at SGMP. It was pretty cool to see the car in the mag it was always a dream now maybe when I re do the interior may be I can get a feature article. Doubt it since I race my cars every weekend so they will never be show car quality I like seeing the burnt rubber on the quarter panels. Later Bam

92 LX 454ci Clevor 9.24@142.53 N/A
71 Mach1 454ci Clevor 10.16@134 N/A 3850lbs race weight "Lost in fire"
03 Cobra Bone stock 12.42
68 Falcon 363ci 10.55@126 N/A
95 GT 363ci 11.08@118 N/A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: