Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

NHRA Rule Book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tubbed67

116.00 points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: NHRA Rule Book Reply with quote

I read in another threat on this site that we're looking for an NHRA rulebook to post on the site. Seeing as we're all brothers (and sisters) on this site, I've started the hunt as well.

Here's a downloadable version for Sport Compacts (no, I'm not a S/C guy, but I know others are).

I hope this helps.

http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/2003/rules/
cjessee

125.96 points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested in rules for pickup trucks (fullsize)
HotRodDaddy

2974.18 points

1994 Eagle Talon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can go to

http://nhra.com

and look up the rules.

mchat

1658.30 points

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked all over NHRA.com for a pdf (or any format) downloadable "standard" rule book. Never found one, so I finally bought one for $10 (IIRC) at the local track.
HotRodDaddy

2974.18 points

1994 Eagle Talon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you coulda just gone to the link for the rules and copy and pasted them onto a notebook format of you choice.
mchat

1658.30 points

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotRodDaddy wrote:
you coulda just gone to the link for the rules and copy and pasted them onto a notebook format of you choice.

I've never found the rules online. Only current year rule revisions. Got a link?
ABIGBRAIN

2781.08 points

1968 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: general rules Reply with quote

REFER TO THE 2005 NHRA RULEBOOK FOR ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL GUIDELINES AND RULES.

SUPER PRO: This category is reserved for race cars running between 7.50 and 12.49 seconds (1/4 mile). All NHRA approved electronic driving aids and throttle controls are accepted for use in competition. Any other devices are considered illegal. Competitors may not dial-in above or below class standards at any time. Racers running over the class standard in eliminations. will be allowed to do so as long as they have dialed-in within the class standards. A roll cage will be mandatory in any full-bodied car running quicker than 10.99 seconds with the following exception: a full-bodied car with unaltered firewall, floor and body (from firewall rearward, except for wheel tubs) that runs between 10.00 and 10.99 may use a roll bar. Racers will be paired randomly using an accepted method. Any car running 7.499 or quicker must have an NHRA Advanced E.T. License. Any car running 7.499 or quicker must be certified by NHRA for advanced E.T. No tolerance will be given on this rule Deep staging is not allowed.

PRO: This category is reserved for race cars running between 10.00 to 13.99 (doorslammer(1/4 mile). All NHRA approved electronic driving aids and throttle controls are accepted for use in competition. Any other devices will be considered illegal. Competitors may not dial in above or below the class standard at any time. Racers running over the class standard in eliminations. will be allowed to do so as long as they have dialed-in within the class standards. Racers will be paired randomly using an accepted method. Deep staging is not allowed.

NO ELECTRONICS: This category is reserved for cars using no electronic driving aids or throttle controls and running between 7.50 to 13.99 (1/4 mile). A competitor may not dial-in under the class standard at any time. Racers running over the class standard in eliminations. Aill be allowed to do so as along as they have dialed-in within the class standards. The following devices are not allowed in the No Electronics class: delay boxes, throttle stops, throttle controls, automated shifters other than OEM, two and three step rev limiters, or a line lock or trans brake that is used to launch a vehicle. This class can be considered a "foot brake" class, where the driver's foot must perform the launching of the vehicle. Line locks can be installed and used for the following purposes only: To perform stationary burn-outs and assist race cars equipped with fully manual transmissions (with a foot operated clutch) with holding a car o the starting line. All wiring for a line lock device must be . completely
exposed at all times from the button to the solenoid. Trans brakes can be installed and used for the following purpose only: To act as a reverse lock-out device on modem automatic transmissions. The transbrake button may be activated to back the race car after a burnout or other similar activity only. It cannot be used in any way to launch the vehicle. The transbrake button must be - in clear view of tech inspectors and starting line crew. All wiring related to the trans brake button and solenoid must be completely exposed at all times. Any device can be removed at any time by the Competition Director or by any Tech Official. The Competition Director will determine the legality of any vehicle should it come under scrutiny of Tech Officials or other racers. Racers will be paired randomly using an accepted method. Deep staging is not allowed.

1968 Chevelle - 10.47@126 MPH 1.43 60' 383 SBC NA, Original rear suspension. 149,000 + miles

ABIGBRAIN

2781.08 points

1968 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: rules for NHRA Reply with quote

The 2006 rule book should be out soon. However, if you want me to send you my 2005 rule book, I would gladly do so. Just Private message me your address and I'll package it up for ya. If you live near an NHRA track.... try calling them to see if the have any left. I'm sure they would be willing to sell it at a discount.

-Andy-

1968 Chevelle - 10.47@126 MPH 1.43 60' 383 SBC NA, Original rear suspension. 149,000 + miles

Big Dave

120504.72 points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: NHRA Rules Reply with quote

Don't need no stik'en rule books. I don't run no steek'en safety equipment. Consequently I only get to run one pass (T/O) about once a year to see how I'm doing before they throw me out. I used to have cars dedicated to race only, but I got married a few decades ago and that ended that. My wife would freak if she had to climb through a roll cage to get in my Big Block car (which she won't ride in any way because it's to "jerky"). Besides can you imagine me in a fire suit! (required jacket 60L, pants 56x36, gloves XXL, and foot ware 17D doesn't come in my size.) They don't call me Big Dave for nothing 6'6" 420#s

However I got my 2006 rule book today, and the updated rule changes are printed weekly in the National Dragster. Both of which come with a $60 annual fee for membership in the NHRA (been a member for years and I like being able to sit in the A/C cooled members lounge after walking the pits).

Big Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: