Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

SNOW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul P

81616.60 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeep_406 wrote:
Paul, have you seen pictures from New England Dragway? Probably not going to be open as scheduled April 1st.

I probably won't have the Nova ready much before June anyway.

Hope you are well.

Driving

No Haven't looked. I'll be ready I think for near the beginning. Doing ok. Time is always a problem but the car is in pretty good shape. Change tires out and hit it.

Paul

1971 - Chevelle 408 SBC N/A
6.86@102.5 MPH 1/8mi
10.78@122 MPH 1/4mi
jeep_406

53123.48 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, Paul, I wish you well.
Driving
Knarley Darley

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you guys in the east doing? Have the temps risen? Is the snow finally starting to disappear? We have had many days in the 50s, and 60s, but believe it or not there is a little snow in the forecast next Tuesday.
jeep_406

53123.48 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knarley,
We had a dusting to help us celebrate the first day of spring. I'm guessing we still have about a foot and one half to two feet of snow on the front lawn here in Tewksbury, Ma.

New England Dragway opens April first every year. Usually wait a couple of weeks until there is some rubber on the track. Can't imagine they'll be ready to run until the middle of the month. Like to run in spring and fall. The track elevation is 90-100 feet. You think I'd know exactly, but I'm old and forgetful Shocked At the beginning and end of the season we can get crazy weather bringing the Horsepower Gods out with Density Altitude way below sea level. I had my best time in the Nova at -350 feet. I've seen it as low as -1500 feet but wasn't able to take advantage of it.

I'm putting together a new engine package that should allow me to run in the 10's even in the bad weather and be real streetable. Hope to get it on Chad Golen's new dyno in the next month or so. I'll post the figures when they are available.

Although I'm hopeful we won't be getting much more snow, I'm not putting the snow blower away just yet!!

Driving
Knarley Darley

540238.26 points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. I still have the plow blade on my lawn tractor as well. I can't imagine running in such good conditions. My home track used to be LACR in Palmdale Ca. until they closed it several years ago. It sits at 3300 feet, but the corrected altitude was never better than 5,000, and usually 6,000 plus was the norm. Hopefully I will be visiting Spokane Wa. International race way this year which is about an hour from where I live now in north Idaho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: