Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Hello from East Texas!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broly3k8

518.62 points

1999 Cadillac Seville

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Hello from East Texas! Reply with quote

Good evening all, my name is Shawn Collins.

I am here mainly because I am deployed at the moment and have decided to drop the block in my 99 Cadi DeVille when I return home. I am here to learn from those that can teach and hopefully get some help along the way..

The first main question I need to ask is what engines would be a good fit for the DeVille? I have already decided that I would be replacing just about everything on the car as well, maybe making a few mods, but my main focus right now is getting a new block purchased so I can have it ready when I get back. I am ready and willing to put as much work into my cadi as possible. To be specific I am trying to find something that will fit into the bay without too many mods, will be able to handle long cross country drives, but still has the potential to lay rubber down at 60.

Anyone know where I should ask this question?
Big Dave

119973.02 points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site Shawn!

I have always favored displacement as the solution to all driving problems. Bigger is better. You have two choices cast iron or aluminum as both are offered in the LS series of engines. Obviously a cast iron block out of a truck will be the cheaper solution but it limits your selection of factory heads (the aftermarket still caters to the 6.2L). The hottest E-ticket ride will be a crate 7.0 liter LS-7 engine out of the Corvette. You can buy the whole engine turn key ready to drive from GMPP.

Thanks for your service and for finding our site.

Big Dave
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99 Deville..... doesnt that have the Northstar engine ?

where, in East Texas, are you from ?

welcome to SMOKEmUP Cheers

Broly3k8

518.62 points

1999 Cadillac Seville

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dave: That LS-7 idea just ruffled my feathers.. Think I am gonna go do a bit of price checking. I know this sounds absoutely insane, but I was actually hoping to get something from Audi in there. I know, I know, probably doesn't sound any good, but I am a nut for the R8 and basically anything Audi. I was hoping to find an A8 block somewhere, but have been extremly unsuccesful. Actually my real dream is to get a Twin Turbo 454 from Nelsonracing.com, but I'd like to not go in debt. The Corevette LS-7 sounds like a damn good idea though.

EDIT: Just did a Google search and am lost.. Can you link me to the GMPP?

10sec.et:
I am from Henderson, Texas. The 99 Deville is a V8 Northstar. Normally this is pretty decent, but she is getting old and honestly I am tired of doing upkeep almost constantly. I suppose some would just find it easier to find a relatively new Northstart somewhere and just replace it, but I am not normal 1, and 2 I want to make her roar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> New Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: