Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

ACCEL Mutiport fuel injection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dajarnot

100.00 points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: ACCEL Mutiport fuel injection Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience in programming Accel fuel injection?

It's currently being used on a 383 chevy, with a small roller cam, dart 200cc heads, headers, in a 86 regal with a 350 turbo, 1800 stall torque converter and 3:23 gears.. Problem is a off idle hesitation. Just can seem to get the enrichment right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65097.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version of Calmap are you using?
dajarnot

100.00 points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: ACCEL Mutiport fuel injection Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long to get back you.. the calmap version is 6.32
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65097.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a little bit of experience with Calmap 6.32 (very little).

How close is your base fuel map?

Are you running in open loop or closed loop?

Have you put a wide band O2 on the car at a chassis dyno? If not how do the plugs look?

Is your problem with occur with small throttle changes or when you stab the gas?
doug242ti

100.00 points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ONLY way to tune is using a wideband 02 sensor, the difference it makes is night and day. Its really the only way to see whats truely going on.

That being said, I've had similar issues with my EMS, the wideband showed how truely goofed up I had that value. I ussualy have the hardest time with light throttle-> lighter throttle (lol) my decel values are to much typically.

www.innovatemotorsports.com I can't say enough about those guys, they have bent over backwards for me time and time again. Call them up, talk to Patrick tell him Doug Kauer sent ya.

Very Happy

82 Volvo 242ti powered by holset (all 22psi's worth)
Sponsers: Edo Performance Evolve
dajarnot

100.00 points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: ACCEL Mutiport fuel injection Reply with quote

First I must say that this is my first experience in programming... Second the car has never seen a dyno, programming on the road (I'm not driving).
The program is set for 6000 rpm, closed loop. I have use the car as a daily driver for the past 2 years, summers only. The base fuel map seems to be close up to 3500 rpm. The 02 sensor is the one that came with the kit, all I can tell you is that is a Bosch (single wire). So if you have any info on the different 02 sensors, I would be grateful. The plugs look clean (normal), the most noticable hesitation is off idle, leaving from a stop. I alway considered this to be a problem with using a single plane manifold.. ? The only other thing I noticed is the voltage reading on the 02 sensor seem to go from one extreme to the other (400 - 800 mv, going by memory on this.) Is sensor bad or could it be the location of the sensor, sensor is in the end of a set of shorty headers on the left bank. Any info would be helpful, Thanks..
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65097.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anything is wrong with your O2 sensor. Most O2 sensors are a narrow band type and are only accurate around stoich, 14.5 - 14.9 A/F ratio's. That's great for economy tuning but is no use for setting up a car and / or performance application.

Doug242 mentions innovative motorsports which has wideband capabilities. and will help in tuning.

Dyno time with wideband access will help but you'll have a hard time getting the dyno wide band O2 info into your base fuel map, syncronizing the data.

I wrote a program to determine my fuel map, based on data logs, and it worked out pretty good. The problem with the accel system is it's snail slow, only 1 sample per second, yuck.

Read this post. http://www.smokemup.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9
doug242ti

100.00 points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me give you a small example of what I found tuning with a nb02 vs a wb02.

First time out tuning, I tuned my car at 1.2V on a nbo2. lost a headgasket.

Hooked the wideband up (couple months later) found I was running 16:1 AFR under boost. Now, 1.2v on a nb02 should be plenty rich... obviously it wasn't.

Never could get my car to drive right on a nbo2. With in 5 minutes of tuning on a Wideband in NEUTRAL (lol) I fixed almost all the driving light throttle quirks. Huge difference. Its the little 2-3 percent duty cycle changes that you could never "see" with a nbo2, but show up with a wb02 that make a night and day difference.

82 Volvo 242ti powered by holset (all 22psi's worth)
Sponsers: Edo Performance Evolve
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car Craft did an article (Feb 2004 issue) on a wide band O2 sensor system that Innovate Motorsports sells that looks pretty cool. It includes the sensor, meter, cable to download to laptop and cigeratte lighter adaptor. It also has data logging capability which is very neat. The entire system sells for $350 which is a good deal from what I have seen on wide band stuff. Clay
rking

100.00 points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a tunner box for this that is avaible
I know that the Gn club has access to them if you need more info let me know
later
and
gb
rk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: