Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Michelin Tire Employee Car Show

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Michelin Tire Employee Car Show Reply with quote

Yesterday we had our employee car show at work and I'll have to say (and we all agree) that this is the best one so far. We had been having them every year but due to the economy in 2009, we skipped that year. Since Michelin owns BF Goodrich, we usually arrange to have one of their rigs serve as the center piece of our show. The guys that handle the rigs really like doing smaller shows like ours which is really neat since they get to go all over the country. In the past, they have arranged to have some show cars every now and then. This year they went above and beyond. The owner of Year One brought 2 cars (the orange and white Camaro and the blue and white Firebird)and hung out with us for the day. Also the owner of Detroit Speed Engineering did the same (the tan Chevelle that was just in Popular Hot Rodding). Unbelievable to hang out with them and I think they really enjoyed being at a low key event with no pressure at all on them to handle or do anything like they are used to I'm sure. Michelin had a local BBQ caterer come in and feed anybody that was at the show. Employees only enter but we are welcome to bring friends and family. We also had a motorcyle stunt show come in and do a trials style show. He and his family are a very cool group also and very nice to hang out with. Motorcycle dyno was there as usual also. Weather was beautiful - sunny and around 80* - until...... At around 5:00 we hand out awards that are done by popular vote - no judging - we don't want the pressure. Had one more bike to run and then we were going to help the BFG driver tear down the awning and pack up. A super quick moving storm came in and had wind, pouring rain and then - dime and nickel sized hail. Evidently we were on the edge of it. The ground got covered where we were and I don't think any cars got any damage. However we have another plant about 1/4 mile away and they got an inch on the ground and at least one car that left the car and went that way got beat up pretty bad. It was really bad trying to hold down canopies and such but in about 20 minuted, the sun was out again. It dropped about 20* and we were all soaked and just sorta looking around in amazement at what had just happened. Luckily the Year One guys and Detroit Speed owner had already left since they had about a 3 hour drive. I didn't have time to take any pictures, but usually somebody takes a bunch and makes a CD to hand out. Give me a week or two and I'll have some pictures to share. Clay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: