Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

1970 camaro door belt weatherstripping issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1970z28camaro

720.10 points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: 1970 camaro door belt weatherstripping issues Reply with quote

I have purchased all three styles for my 1970Z from Classic Industries and Camaro Central. They fit like crap. My door skin does not have the studs on the outside for the 2-piece molding.

Is their anyplace that sells universal cut-to-fit bendable weatherstripping that will both sweep the window and finish off the top of the outside of the door/window area?

It seems all of the strips are not wide enought to both attach to the inner part of the outside of the door and reach over the skin to protect it from water etc...

Help!! Shocked
Knarley Darley

540230.26 points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a sparing amount of 3M black weather strip adhesive, and then hold it in place by stretching it a little at a time and super gluing it as I go. Once it is all in place I close the door to hold everything in place(hopefully) until it dries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Camaro All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: