Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

first post, need direction please
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yourconfused

1786.52 points

1992 Subaru SVX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clay wrote:
If you stay with a dry system, I would think you could mount the nozzles about anywhere. If they are activated after the plenum gets opened up, it should be fine. If you are going with a wet system, I would mount them in the end of the intake runners next to the head. You could mount the dry nozzles here also as I believe they are smaller that a "fogger" type nozzle. I'm saying this as I don't know what kind of room you have under the intake when it is assembled. We can help with injector sizing too, it's just a matter of doing the math. Give us an idea of what power you will be looking at and we should be able to help. The only thing that might be sort of difficult is if you will be relying on something that boosts fuel pressure to get the extra fuel - finding out how the increased pressure affects injector output might be sort of hard. Clay

Thanks for the help all.
My machine shop is thinking the motor can be built to deliver over 600 to the wheels with a 150 shot. This is more than i really need.
At this point I just want to get the most out of this motor that is possible in n/a form. I only have one goal. That is to be the fastest, most powerful Subaru SVX in the world. This means thaat all I have to do is just turn less than a high 14 in the quarter.

Can you see how easy this should be?

On the other hand I would like to see a crank HP of 400hp and then shoot it to 550. I am not trying to go for something stupid, I am just trying to be realistic with my build. Allot of you seem to bee going for a 9sec pass when I would be happy with a 12.

This motor will just use stock fuel pressure if I can deal with it. I will just go to a rrfpr if I need it to fit my build.

I am goiing out of town for a week pluss and will check back then.

Thanks for the input you all have given. I really like this site.
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok, I was kinda following you... the multipliers they give for changes in fuel pressure is what I was wondering about... Here's the data sheet-

That's exactly what I was referring to. I was talking about a Mustang system specifically, but it would apply to any injector. It sounds like he might have a computer system that will deal with the enrichment however. I always thought the Mustang system was sort of neat as it would vary fuel enrichent based on actual bottle pressure. Power would still drop off with low bottle pressure, just not as much as a regular wet system. Clay

MufflerBearings69

25364.28 points

1968 Ford Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVX? Sweet!
yourconfused

1786.52 points

1992 Subaru SVX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MufflerBearings69 wrote:
SVX? Sweet!

if by 'sweet' you mean 'expensive to modify' then Yep! Cool
yourconfused

1786.52 points

1992 Subaru SVX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MufflerBearings69 wrote:
SVX? Sweet!

Oh, and your screen name reminds me of something.
This may be the only car in existence that really does have a muffler bearing. this isn't a joke either. Just like head light fluid and rotating the air in the tires I always thought this was just some joke, but this car has one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Nitrous Oxide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: