Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Street rollers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osmiumfoot

2387.84 points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Street rollers Reply with quote

Still haven't sent the Comp solid roller and lifters back yet. Called them and they questioned why the cam was shipped in July of 02 but the problem didn't reveal itself until Nov 03. I told them the engine was a winter project and wasn't installed until March 03, then torn down in Sept. They emphasized that the delay on install put it out of the 1 year warranty, but that I could still send it in to get analyzed. I'm not sure if there's any point to it, and finding the right size box and mailing the thing seems like a big pain in the extremity right now. Anyone have any experience along these lines with Comp Cams? Asking around, I am hearing lots of good things about Isky cams and their street longevity, but I also hear their service sucks. I am inclined to get an Isky solid roller and have the wheels on the Comp Endurex lifters replaced so I don't have to order another set of custom pushrods. Anyone have any experience with running Isky solid rollers on the street?
2x4

2189.72 points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats surprising. We had a Comp solid roller eat itself & most the lifters in our S/G car. It was because we put some of the link-style lifters in backwards (BBC, yes, you can do this Mad ) Didnt tell them it was our fault, but they wanted it back. We sent the cam & lifters to them & they sent us replacements, they didnt say they were going to but the parts just showed up one day. Question
osmiumfoot

2387.84 points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx 2x4. Guess I'll send it in and see how it shakes out. I didn't really check my tie bars but I doubt any were in backwards because it would put the bars right against the block, especially on a high nickel/tin block like mine was with the 4 raised casting bosses along the outside of the cylinder walls in the valley. Ever tried an Isky?
Rascal

118.00 points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have that gig (not for Comp) and had to deal with all imagineable "wrong doings" when it comes to flat cams...believe me it hardens you after a while...but my philosophy was if the guy would go through the "trouble" to send it back...especially in the original packaging...or just say "I screwed up"...he got a cam...the guys who got rude yet played by my rules...got a thourough failure analisys...a polite yet degrading letter as what he did wrong...along with a replacement...I can tell you from experience...the cam is truly, rarely at fault...unless it missed a heat tread or engineering screwed up...both of which DO happen!

I still think Comp is a little behind with their spring pressure recommendations and I'd be looking for 190-200# on the seat...Rascal

(I think I botched a lot of spelling there...sorry...lol)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: