Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Engine ID & vac hose stickers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Engine ID & vac hose stickers Reply with quote

Any one have a good source for the engine Id & vacuum hose placement stickers need ed for smog inspections? please! Thanks inadvance.
squeeezer

191524.76 points

1991 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would a picture of an 87 gta sticker help???

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know squeezer. But I got them comming from classic in Sothern Cal. 15 bucks + change with shipping & a catalog. Thanks anyways
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you actually have to have the stickers or just need to know where to put the hoses ?

TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past in so cal my 79 camaro failed visual because of no sticker. (thanks to a nice chromed rad bracket with no stickers) I went home put the old bracket back on no more problems.
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSHACK wrote:
In the past in so cal my 79 camaro failed visual because of no sticker. (thanks to a nice chromed rad bracket with no stickers) I went home put the old bracket back on no more problems.

that sucks. more than half the older cars i see have missing stickers. although, i bet the state inspectors like that. we have a guy that failed his state inspection test so many times i have lost count. they are required to locate and identify the emission components WITHOUT any stickers.

TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I gave a little mis info it seems cal no longer requires the emission stickers for a smog. sorry guys Embarassed The stock 87 tpi camaro passed okay Smile . The co was below average 0.0 at idle & 0.1 at 2500. the hydo carbons have a max of 125 & where at 86 idle , 60 at 2500. Does this mean it's a little rich? I know it passed. but should I change the O2 sencer, cat? I'm not a green freak but if it's rich or lean i'd like to see it closer to the average. the thing should last longer, In better tune. I think, or am I off on this. it's getting about 22 - 23 mpg. But smells rich. It's has new cap rotor plugs & wires. air & fuel filters have also been changed in the last month.
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HC is slightly high and could certainly mean a slightly rich condition. however, it could also mean that the cat is not as efficient as it should be. i would really like to know what CO2 was. thats your engine "efficiency" indicator. a properly tuned EFI engine should be somewhere near 15%. if its down near 13% then you most likely do have a slightly rich condition. check the basics and dont forget to check for vacuum leaks. i dont remember if those use a MAP or MAF. if it has a MAP, vacuum leaks can and will cause a high MAP voltage and cause the PCM to add fuel.

TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 10 sec I don't know the age of the cat, so I'll be putting a high flow on soon. The 87 is a MAF system.
The C02 was 10.2 @ idle & 9.6 @ 2500,O2 was 6.3 @ idle & 7.2 @ 2500. I'll get a vacuum & fuel pressure readings tomarrow. I have to get new gauges. I don't think it would be a vac leak. the engine idles smooth @ 500 RPM in gear, & still smooth @ 750-800 RPM out of gear .

10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSHACK wrote:
Thanks 10 sec I don't know the age of the cat, so I'll be putting a high flow on soon. The 87 is a MAF system.
The C02 was 10.2 @ idle & 9.6 @ 2500,O2 was 6.3 @ idle & 7.2 @ 2500. I'll get a vacuum & fuel pressure readings tomarrow. I have to get new gauges. I don't think it would be a vac leak. the engine idles smooth @ 500 RPM in gear, & still smooth @ 750-800 RPM out of gear .

im thinking CO2 should be higher. however, if memory serves, that car has an air pump which will make the numbers weird. could still be a cat on the ragged edge also. i wish i could get it on our 5-gas and do some testing Confused .

TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found the fuel pressure is at 35 psig with engine off & 39 psig at idle. I have an adjustable reg I'll be putting on this weekend. The plem will get some porting done to get rid of those weird walls while it's off.
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSHACK wrote:
I just found the fuel pressure is at 35 psig with engine off & 39 psig at idle. I have an adjustable reg I'll be putting on this weekend. The plem will get some porting done to get rid of those weird walls while it's off.

that sounds normal but i couldnt get the exact specs from Mitchell and our Alldata is not working right now. where the hell is squeezer???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Camaro All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: