Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Cam and rear end work in my area?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Ford - Small Block
View previous topic :: View next topic  
08mustangGT

213.94 points

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Cam and rear end work in my area? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I have an 08 Mustang GT. I am trying to find a good mechanic that can work on these new ford modular motors. I can't find anyone who will touch a cam job. I'm also needing somone to install some 3.73 rear end gears for me. I am in west texas, in Kermit to be more specific. Please give me a shout if you know of anyone. Thanks.
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im willing to bet that its not the cams that scare away your techs as much as the lack of software and programming abilities with the 08. sorry to say but i think its going to be difficult to find ANYONE much less someone local. im in Houston (not exactly local) but there is a shop here that specializes in Mustangs. i will stop by if i get a chance and see if i can dig up some info. may take me a couple days though.

Big Dave

119973.02 points

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board!

I'm to far away to help but don't let that slow you down from asking.

Big Dave
FRITODAVE

5170.64 points

1969 Plymouth Barracuda

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy from Cali. You want to go faster with that! What a speed demon Laughing. There ought to be somebody in El Paso.
08mustangGT

213.94 points

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply guys. As far as tuning, I have brenspeed take care of all my computer work. If I buy a product from them that would require a reprogramming of my ECM then they take care of it. So for as far as a tune issue with the cams, its not an issue. I just need them physically installed. From what I understand it takes a special took to hold somthing or whatnot to get the cams off before they can be changed out. Also Brenspeed has a specially ground cam that was made special from Comp Cams to use the factory valve springs. They said the install takes about 4 hours for the cams, and 16 hours if you do other cams that would take stronger springs. In anycase, I'm still looking for someone to do it. I'm about ready to just go tear the blasted things out myself and see if I can figure it out on my own!

-Steven
MufflerBearings69

25364.28 points

1968 Ford Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Brenspeed does part sales and tuning but not parts install? They dont have someone that can/will do it?

Maybe I missed something...

I know they are good to deal with for mail order- he sold me the headers for our 95 GT for ~20 bucks cheaper than anyone else and shipped them out the same day Very Happy
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

08mustangGT wrote:
Thanks for the reply guys. As far as tuning, I have brenspeed take care of all my computer work. If I buy a product from them that would require a reprogramming of my ECM then they take care of it. So for as far as a tune issue with the cams, its not an issue. I just need them physically installed. From what I understand it takes a special took to hold somthing or whatnot to get the cams off before they can be changed out. Also Brenspeed has a specially ground cam that was made special from Comp Cams to use the factory valve springs. They said the install takes about 4 hours for the cams, and 16 hours if you do other cams that would take stronger springs. In anycase, I'm still looking for someone to do it. I'm about ready to just go tear the blasted things out myself and see if I can figure it out on my own!

-Steven

i wouldnt tear into it without the tools. if its like the 4.0L, there are NO marks, NO keyways. you have to use the holding tools to hold everything in place and torque down all of the sprockets with NEW bolts. i still havent had time to research but i will ask the Snap-On guy about the tools when he comes in today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Ford - Small Block All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: