Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

choosing the right heads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
montychevy71

100.00 points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:04 am    Post subject: ordering AFR's Reply with quote

We call Doug Herbert and had our AFR's my buddy 3 days later BBC 305's as cast we are going to put together a nasty street 468 10:5.1 motor with about 593-606 ft/lb @5800 and 650- 680 hp @6350. Keep it on the Street
MacDaddy

100.00 points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

osmiumfoot wrote:
I ordered a set of AFR heads on June 20 and was told the wait time would be 4 to 6 weeks. On July 23 I was told they would ship on the 25th or 26th. On August 7 I was told they were in the assembly room and would ship on the 8th. On August 25 I was told they were in the wash room and then would go to final assembly and ship on the 26th. As I write this I am still waiting for my heads. Every time I have called them I have been put on hold for a minimum of 20 minutes. They might make good heads but their service sucks!

That's probably because they close down for two weeks during the summer, and again in the winter. It takes them a while to get the ball rolling again. PITA, I know. I think it's worth the wait though. BADASS pair of heads.

1979 Camaro Berlinetta
GTAracer

416.22 points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just take the 461 heads off, blend and pocket port them yourself, and put them back on?

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: