Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

desk top dyno 2000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: desk top dyno 2000 Reply with quote

I have a desk top dyno 2000 & it bugs me that under the intake manifold selection it is so generic, Ie single plane, dual plane, tunnel ram ect. Does the newer 2003 address this? Or is there another way to get a closer. Shocked Jeezz I guess a torquer 2 is just as good as a Super Victor or my Vic Jr Bull Sh!t . at least that what it seem to be saying. Or I'm I missing something like normal. I know these are generalize tools, But it just bugs me confused. other wise it's lots of fun to dink with. Twisted Evil what can we build now? the real ultimate power
Big Dave

119910.22 points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simm uses wave theory instead of fluid dynamics for this section of the simm. The pro version that adds a bit to the overall price allows you to use flow numbers and tune the runners to account for wave dynamics as well. But like I said it is well over a grand more for this added feature. The difference in flow between a Victor and Super Victor is not as great as the difference between a stock intake and a tunnel ram (IR). So the program gives you a set percentage of head flow depending upon the manifold you pick.

Big Dave
FRITODAVE

5170.64 points

1969 Plymouth Barracuda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dyno 2000's are fun to play with and do have a certain degree of accuracy. I am always comparing it to my dyno more for reasons of validity than anything else. However, it falls on its face when putting in combos outside its intended parameters ie street performance engines. Certain superstock and comp eliminator engines are way off on their results. Also, mufflered engines don't fair well at all on the dyno 2000.
TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dave wrote:
The simm uses wave theory instead of fluid dynamics for this section of the simm. The pro version that adds a bit to the overall price allows you to use flow numbers and tune the runners to account for wave dynamics as well. But like I said it is well over a grand more for this added feature. The difference in flow between a Victor and Super Victor is not as great as the difference between a stock intake and a tunnel ram (IR). So the program gives you a set percentage of head flow depending upon the manifold you pick.

Big Dave

Makes senses, do you think they used an average for the group or just picked some thing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: