Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Started front end rebuild
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nwcc

158.80 points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

af2 wrote:
All I have to say is holly shit!

Ditto
10sec.et

346624.78 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya gotta admit, thats good customer support. ive never seen a manufacturer track down a dissatisfied customer on a forum without some "mud slinging".

clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All I have to say is holly shit!

That was pretty much my first reaction too. It does show outstanding customer support though. Clay
clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the Charlotte Auto Fair yesterday and my buddy forced us to stop by the Unisteet booth just to say what they would say about my recent mess. First he asked about the notchiness in the steering due to the extreme u-joint angles. Unisteers reply was that the joints weren't phased properly. I said they were 45* out of phase just like the instructions said. Unisteer replied that the instructions don't say that you really need to adjust each joint one spline at a time until you get rid of the notchiness. I call BS and say the joints are just being overextended. Next was the turning radius problem. Unisteer asked if I installed the (shorter I assume)arms on the spindles. I said my kit didn't come with arms. After a puzzled look and flipping through his catalogue, he realized I had the manual kit that doesn't come with arms. The next excuse was that we had some housing that got machined wrong that caused the lack of turning radius. That's it, no apology, no offer of trying to get me to go back with their product, nothing. When we left, my buddy was suprised at their lack of really caring in general about an unsatisfied customer. Oh well, not my problem anymore, just thought it was an interesting meeting. Clay
10sec.et

346624.78 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

service has really gone to $hit everywhere. i figured after the reply from steeryourite they would be willing to assist in getting you set up with their product again. guess they figure "its just ONE customer, what can he do ?". in the auto repair business we understand that if you piss off one customer he/she will tell their friends and then they will tell their friends and so on. before you know it you have developed a bad reputation simply because you did not provide the quality of service that everyone DESERVES.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Nova All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: