Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

It blew up bad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knarley Darley

540230.26 points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: It blew up bad Reply with quote

Remember the 05 Mustang with the blower that I changed from a automatic to a 5 speed? The tuner just could not get the thing to run without going into fail safe, so he suggested going to the dealer to have the computer reflashed so it would hopefully accept his program. Aperantly one of the injectors hung open in the parking lot at the Ford dealer, and when they went to start it, it hydrauliced a cylinder and snapped a rod and windowed the block and pan. Now I am removing all the blower stuff and putting a new engine in it, and he is selling the car.
10sec.et

346624.78 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: It blew up bad Reply with quote

Knarley Darley wrote:
Remember the 05 Mustang with the blower that I changed from a automatic to a 5 speed? The tuner just could not get the thing to run without going into fail safe, so he suggested going to the dealer to have the computer reflashed so it would hopefully accept his program. Aperantly one of the injectors hung open in the parking lot at the Ford dealer, and when they went to start it, it hydrauliced a cylinder and snapped a rod and windowed the block and pan. Now I am removing all the blower stuff and putting a new engine in it, and he is selling the car.

...and when they went to START it ???? i have seen many engines hydro-lock and have never seen one window the block on startup. i even had a piece of a Torx socket fall down an intake, cracked the cylinder, and bent the rod on start up but did not destroy the block. another rod/piston and a cylinder sleeve and the motor was burning gas again. are you sure they werent "test driving" it and just made the "start up" story up ?

Knarley Darley

540230.26 points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we will never know.
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65093.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the tuner had no clue.

I challenge you to push yourself.
10sec.et

346624.78 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knarley Darley wrote:
I guess we will never know.

thats a damn shame. i tend to be more skeptical about "i just went to start it and it wouldnt run" or my other favorite "it was just idling in the driveway". i hear those two a lot. a few years ago we had a customer bring in a car with a faint knock. it was a rod so we told him it needed a motor. he said he couldnt afford it right now and was just going to park it in the garage until he could fix it. he carefully drives it home (about 8 miles away) and parks it. the next day we get a call from this guy... he is PISSED. "what the F#$% did you guys do to my car? it leaked ALL of the oil out onto the garage floor!!!". then continues on with his rant..." im getting a lawyer" blah blah blah. we tow in the car and it is missing most of the passenger side block and oil pan. checked the mileage and it had almost 70 miles on it since it left the day before. the owner went home and put his foot in his 16 year old sons a$$ for sneaking the car out Wink .

jeep_406

53123.48 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with 10 sec et.

Usually if a cylinder is full of coolant or fuel or what ever the engine will not turn over unless you remove the spark plug or plugs to the cylinders that are full. I think maybe someone isn't fessin' up at the dealership. Course, that never happens Shocked
Knarley Darley

540230.26 points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had it tuned so perfectly with the automatic, and for some reason he could not duplicate it with the stick shift computer. It dynoed 482 at the wheels with the stick, but the drivability went away real bad. It was great at WOT. Then he couldnt get it to do anything, so he suggested a reflash, and thats all I know except it came to me this time on a tow truck with a huge puddle of oil under it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Ford - Mustang All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: