Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Started my nitrous install...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
disturbthepeace1

10195.60 points

1965 Volkswagen Beetle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do me a favor and go run this car hard; prove to some of the guys here that there is not a problem running N2O and motor off the same pump... yes overkill is the way to go but he does not need a pat musi prostreet fuel system to run a 100hp shot....
GrandSportC3

32443.62 points

1968 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disturbthepeace1 wrote:
Please do me a favor and go run this car hard; prove to some of the guys here that there is not a problem running N2O and motor off the same pump... yes overkill is the way to go but he does not need a pat musi prostreet fuel system to run a 100hp shot....

It can be proven with pure math.. Of course I'll run the car hard Laughing

I have run in the 10.80 range with the factory 3/8 fuel lines..
My 140 gph pump delivers enough fuel through the #8 line (1/2 inch) to feed up to 800 HP or so...
86GN

4042.20 points

1990 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to stir the pot some here. Those -8 fittings that you used in plumbing your fuel system all have 3/8" I.D.'s. Only the hose itself in a -8 system is 1/2".

There's nothing wrong in running the nitrous fuel solenoids the way you did in terms of fuel volume. The problem is that you don't have a way of tuning it other than jets. Bottle pressure is a big deal. If you can't get the bottle to ~ 90 degrees, she's going to be real fat.
GrandSportC3

32443.62 points

1968 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

86GN wrote:
I'm going to stir the pot some here. Those -8 fittings that you used in plumbing your fuel system all have 3/8" I.D.'s. Only the hose itself in a -8 system is 1/2".

There's nothing wrong in running the nitrous fuel solenoids the way you did in terms of fuel volume. The problem is that you don't have a way of tuning it other than jets. Bottle pressure is a big deal. If you can't get the bottle to ~ 90 degrees, she's going to be real fat.

Well, the fittings on regulator as also pump are all 3/8 NPT. The important part is the hose between the pump and the regulator as heavy acceleration could cause fuel starvation if the fuel lines aren't moving enoug fuel...
The thing about tuneability is very true and I will run a second regulator if the tuning is way off.. I know that I can run between 6 and 7 psi of pressure to the carb with no issues. I usually run 6.75 psi. Edelbrock recommends 6.5 - 7 psi for the nitrous system.. So it seems that the fuel pressure needed for each, carb and nitrous are the same.. I could go as low as 6 psi pressure to tune the nitrous and will still not get fuel starvation in the carb. If that isn't low enough, I'll run a second fuel pressure regulator and branch off the nitrous fuel line before the carb regulator...
'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Nitrous Oxide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: