Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Exhaust options.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen3 LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
af2

71227.76 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul P wrote:
I know it is tough in the off season to keep it going. I think the track could have been open till now actually. They should consider at least till the end of November weather permitting. It was int the 50's and sunny today geese. Rolling Eyes

The track I run at shut down a month ago! Rain every week! Better safe than sideways!!!!
jeep_406

53123.48 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should reach 59 degrees on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Sorry, just thought of one of the old New England Dragway radio ads Rolling Eyes
Big Dave

119973.02 points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya but I'm still running the A/C. Has been mid eighties all month with humidity at 78%. Only way know it's winter is it's stopped raining every day.

Any one notice I commented on the original question about ten posts back?

Big Dave
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65097.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dave wrote:
Ya but I'm still running the A/C. Has been mid eighties all month with humidity at 78%. Only way know it's winter is it's stopped raining every day.

Any one notice I commented on the original question about ten posts back?

Big Dave

Yes...but I got caught up on Paul_P being a wise guy.

I don't think anybody makes a true dual exhaust kit for my car that doesn't dump before the rear axle. I would have to fab a custom one up myself. I've thought about it but I really need a lift, metal working tools, and a welder (everything I don't have). Therefore I was thinking going with the kit.

I challenge you to push yourself.
Big Dave

119973.02 points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my car I had to fabricate a dual cross member out of round tubing. Then once I had it bolted down I drove thirty six miles uncapped across the city of Tampa to a Mienikie Muffler shop on the other side of the world were for $680 they fabricated a true dual 2.5" mandrel bent (no kincks) stainless steel exhaust (I supplied the Flowmasters, exhaust tips and High Performance cats I bought from Summit). That was five years ago and I haven't had a rattle or a loose gasket since then. I spent five hours there waiting as the deal was I could get all the custom work done I wanted while there were no other cash customers waiting for a fifteen minute econo pipe job.

The guy that did the work was an artist. He offered to build headers from scratch as well for my next car. Same deal, only when there wasn't a car to fix.

Big Dave
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65097.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I would love to have. It's a custom exhaust done by Kooks for a customer. The exhaust is 3" all stainless.

clay

318129.23 points

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked They did a good job on that - very nice work - me like. I'm sure if you took that picture down to MufflerWorks there is a 17 year old that can knock that out for you on a Saturday morning Rolling Eyes . Clay
Big Dave

119973.02 points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy that did my pipes at Meinekie was an ex-biker who learned a trade while in school (we think of them as prisons, but they are actually finishing schools were people hone their skills and refine their techniques).

Big Dave
beersngars

13369.80 points

1948 Chevrolet Coupe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you from looking at that picture, the guy(s) that did it spent a lot of time and displayed a lot of practice. I owned a Midas franchise for 16 years and besides myself only one other guy in the shop had any idea of what it takes to do a first rate custom job like that. I should also say we did not have a mandrel bender, only a regular tube bender. Things have come a long way.
SMOKEmUP
PostMaster

65097.54 points

1979 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That system must have cost big $$$$. It was done by KOOKS and they do MINT work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen3 LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: