Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Looking for suggestion on engine build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gen1camaro

855.88 points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering I spend more time on diagnostic computer than I do digging in the tool box I suppose you are right. I'm not sure why I never have conformed to considering myself a technician. I shuffle papers and talk on a phone more than anything these days. Suppose I should call myself a secretarie. Not to annoy you but just always thought technician was just a bull shit form of shining up a mechanics title. Jeff
10sec.et

346658.74 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gen1camaro wrote:
considering I spend more time on diagnostic computer than I do digging in the tool box I suppose you are right. I'm not sure why I never have conformed to considering myself a technician. I shuffle papers and talk on a phone more than anything these days. Suppose I should call myself a secretarie. Not to annoy you but just always thought technician was just a bull shit form of shining up a mechanics title. Jeff

Laughing as lead tech in a buisy Houston shop i have seen a lot of guys come and go. i can tell you from experience there IS a difference.

gen1camaro

855.88 points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a lead tech as well for a large private fleet company and I am responsible for a crew of 6 techs. I definitely know what you are implying. I have excellent diagnostic techs that take forever to do a simple clutch job, and I have two old school (techs) that have no interest in learning electronic controls on todays diesels but yet they can swap a clutch happier than hell and in one shift, and I have a couple of well rounded journeymen. So I have learned to work off of each of thier strengths. Being in a union shop usually once we get a tech hired on that's not worth a pinch of crap it takes an act of congress to get rid of him. Up here in seattle finding good techs to replace retiring techs is like finding a needle in a hay stack or winning the lottery. Not to get off the subject but I sure wish they would bring the apprenticeship programs back into thier hey day since it is a good way to get a well rounded technician. Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: